Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Shhh..





11:06 and he is finally asleep. He has not slept more than an hour or two the last 3 days (I can't imagine why). We went for a walk today, or should I say, I walked and he "rolled" in his way cool wheelchair. We walked and rolled down to the cafeteria for our very first date in hospital . It was so romantic.. Placing his swollen, half-shaven legs on the leg pads, gently steering him around the IV pull, dodging the gurney racing down the hallway, smelling the smells that only a hospital can produce. We shared some laughs and a small root beer frozen yogurt and then it was back to the room-back to watching O2 saturation, fluid intake (and my personal favorite-OUTPUT! Do you know how much pee is produced from 23 liters of fluid?). It was a fun outing and I think it was good for the spirits! Earlier tonite, we had another little worry. Todd started having some intermittent pain in his right lung and so we started really watching him for a possible pulmonary embolism. Super, huh. Right now, I feel a lot better about that because he is maintaining normal sats and his heart rate is also normal. That would not be a fun addition to our fabulous medical adventure.

Please Santa, could you bring some anti-embolism stockings, some Coumadin and an oxygen tank set-up with the coordinating nose hose? Oh, and please don't forget my stocking stuffers (Valium, diet coke and some dark chocolate)..

And for those of you who are wondering if I have a change of clothes this time around... Well, sort of. Right now I am wearing my husband's scrubs that he came into work on Sunday wearing. So, yes, I have a change of clothes this time and man, do I look good.

PS ---thanks so much to all loved ones and friends who have really stepped up to the plate and helped our family. We have had many kindnesses extended to us which is showing that we are so lucky to be US and know YOU! The Christmas spirit is alive and well and we feel blessed, despite the stress of this crappy crap illness and being away from our kids these last days before Christmas.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews