Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Out of Gas


I am out of gas. Empty.  No more fumes even.  My tank is barren.  

My battery needs a jump (get your mind out of the gutter).  I need some serious overhauling done to my being.

It's bad.  I haven't been to the grocery store in 2 weeks.  We have been out of milk for about 10 days. I actually have been making my family drink powdered milk.  I am not kidding.  Maddie informed me again that I am ruining her life- "stupid fake milk and fake christmas tree!".  I can't bring myself to go to the stinkin grocery store for a couple of gallons of milk.  Todd finally had to do it for me.  No more powdered milk for the Ashby's-Dad has saved the day.  

What is the deal? I used to could save the day. I was all about saving the day.  

I mean, I was doing fine.  And then...

sickness, hospital, diarrhea, throwing up, speeding ticket, thanksgiving up, thanksgiving down, christmas up, christmas shopping, Ms. Magoo forceable removing a side-mirror by hitting the garage, snow, cold, sinus pressure, headache, more nausea, car battery dead, ... 

BAM!

I am done.  

What is a girl to do?

I'll tell you. 

Read. Sip hot cocoa (I AM NOT GOING TO MAKE IT EITHER! I AM GOING TO STARBUCKS!). Not make dinner.  Feed family cereal. Don't shave legs. Don't fret about not shaving legs.  Take a nap.  Read some more. Watch Oprah.  Eat pie. Blog and take pictures of my cutie pie children. Cuddle my cutie pie children.  Sit. Breathe.  PRAY!

Pray for me & my family in my time of hairy legs and powdered milk.  It is serious when you make your family drink powdered milk.  



5 comments:

Sara said...

we are the same!!! i thought i was the only one.

Keely said...

You are sooo funny!! Seriously...you need to quit your day job and become a full time writer!

Oh, and sorry about you being sick. :)

Christie said...

You, my friend, are awesomely awesome.

Aimie said...

seriously hard times i hope you make it.

Heather said...

WOW! I hear ya. We have had a lot of ramen (yuck) lately. And lots of cereal. Good thing Jody is always gone! Otherwise he would prob get way more sick of cereal than my kids! LOL Hope you feel some energetic vibes soon and enjoy the Christmas season!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews