Monday, March 14, 2011

7 days of Sunday




All I need is a week of Sundays.  

Rest, Relaxation, Rejuvenation and a whole bunch of Rasmussens.

Attended Sacrament Meeting with my entire family and it was awesome!!!  14 grandkids and 1 grandma and 5 adults--we had our hands full, but the kids were good the entire meeting (THE CHURCH IS TRUE!)

After church.. we did what us Rasmussen's do so well...we ate and ate.  We had a small, early party for Sadie's upcoming 4th birthday.  Used a store bought cake so we could visit more and work less.  Had to borrow Mom's camera as I packed VERY light for the weekend (Maddie actually packed a grocery sack.. that is how light we packed).  

I needed this time, out of my house and with my peeps to help me forget the disaster which awaits me every morning.  It was sunshine to my soul!
    
    
I would be fine if I could have 1 entire week of Sunday.  

House update:

The previous owner is  truly an idiot.  He wants his house back and is willing to do whatever it takes.  We will probably know in the next couple of days if it will be settled in the next couple of weeks or if it will be a long drawn out court situation.  We have an attorney working on it and hope to hear something by Tuesday night or Wednesday morning (which probably means we will know something by Friday.  I know I am such an optimist!).  I am not worrying too much because, as you remember, I have sunshine in my soul.  I have decided that whatever happens, I can live with.  I mean, after the events of this weekend in Japan, my "drama" hardly seems to matter.  I have healthy kids, my 1/2 husband sent me flowers, my wonderful family and friends shower me with their unselfishness and fun, I know where my outdated 72 hour kit is, and I have a 3 day supply of water.  I think I am fairly blessed.  

Just replace Wednesday with a Sunday and I think my life would be almost perfect.













1 comment:

Sara said...

so glad you came out!!!! i hope it was relaxing for you cause we loved having you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews