Tuesday, March 29, 2011

MIRACLE

I am typing this post with a humbled heart and tearfilled-eyes.

Miracles do occur! 

What I am saying is that we will not be living on the street.  Nor will we be living under a bridge. Not a viaduct or a van down by the river.  

We will be living in a home.  A beautiful home.  That has ASHBY written all over it.

Crap, I have said that before haven't I.

But, did you know that there are MIRACLES happening, each and every day.

Did you know that our loving and kind Father in Heaven is just waiting to give us a miracle?  I KNOW that this is true and for those of you who have followed this blog, you will soon know that a miracle has occurred in my life as I explain.

As you know, we found a beautiful house, which we loved, and we were sure that it was our house.  What we now know to be true is that we had to go thru that drama to find the true ASHBY house.  

A couple of days ago, I found a house in South Jordan in a FABULOUS neighborhood.  I had actually seen it before (months ago) but we didn't even look at it because it already had offers on it and so why waste our time looking at it.  Anyway, the buyer backed out recently and so they put it back on the market.  So we saw it and had our agent call.  He said that they were not going to be showing it again until March 30th and that they already had several offers on it. Because of our desperation, we decided to put an offer on this house WITHOUT EVEN SEEING IT (we did see a few pictures online).  We put an offer on it this morning (Tuesday) and then received a call that they had decided to show it today one last time.  So, after work, I meet my family at this new house and .....

HOLY CRAP! EVERYONE IN LOVE! PERFECT FOR US! CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! 

DON'T GET EXCITED! IT PROBABLY WILL NOT WORK OUT BECAUSE I DON'T DESERVE THIS PERFECT ANSWER TO MY DESPERATE PRAYER!!

Kids love it. I love it.  A million other people love it.  There were probably 5 other parties there looking at it. 

We have a discussion with the listing agent.  We have a bonding session with her.  She shares with us that our offer is strong, but there are other strong offers.  And by other strong offers, I mean to say, they offered MORE than us.  HOWEVER!!!!  We had something going for us.  We could close within 2 weeks and no one else could.  We could close within 2 weeks because we had gotten so close to closing on the Draper house that it is going to be merely a matter of a week to get paperwork transferred to the new SoJo house.  The listing agent seemed to be pulling for us and so she said she would call the owner as soon as we left the house (7:30 p.m.) She said that she would call our agent in the morning if she had any news.  I drove home with the 2 toddlers.  Luke said, "I think that Dad should say a prayer that we can buy that house."  I agreed, a very good idea.

So, we came home.  I didn't even want to think about it, nor talk about how much I loved it because I didn't want to get my hopes up.  At 7:45 p.m. Todd's phone rang.  It was our agent saying..

THEY ACCEPTED YOUR OFFER!!

It is a miracle and I know it is.  I know that I have been taught a lesson on faith and patience and our Heavenly Father's goodness.

It is more than I expected or deserve.  

Yes, it is just a house.  But, I will always think of it as a MIRACLE and I am stronger for having gone thru this craziness.  

So... when facing a dilemma or a drama or a crazy person or a perplexing situation or a possibility of having to live on the streets... trust that Heavenly Father is aware of your needs and will bless you if you are faithful and trusting and PRAY your guts out!

Now, I GO TO PRAY MY GUTS OUT (GRATITUDE AND "PLEASE HELP US TO SIGN PAPERS SOON SO I DON'T LOSE MY MIND!)












6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe in miracles too...that is how I got my angels :) Bummer though...now you can't live with me!!! Is it in the same neighborhood? I will come visit...I will let you settle in and then I'm on my way :)

Jenny and Brett said...

Best news ever!! I'm hoping you are still close by so our lovely daughters can still play dress ups! I'm seriously so sad we're not going to be neighbors anymore though! Prayers are heard. God is good!

Kimmie said...

we too have been reminded that our heavenly father is very aware of each of us this week! we are excited for you! you guys have great taste!

Unknown said...

So beautiful1

kwgirl said...

We also have a "house" story. Lots of money lost on a builder who declared bankruptcy the day AFTER he got our deposit. It was a blessing in disguise as we ended up in our wonderful River 5th Ward...a place we had never looked at because at the time, it didn't exist. Yes I agree, miracles happen. Good for you:) It was meant to be!

Becky said...

Very beautiful! Congrats! Happy for you guys!
One of these days we will get out of CA. LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews