Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sense of Humor

Mine is gone.

I wonder if I will ever get it back.

I wonder if someone up there, in the great beyond, is laughing at me.

Laughing at my current situation.

Living out of boxes.  Trying to find the pans, the tinfoil, the 3 hole punch...

I MEAN, ARE YOU KIDDING!?? NOT ONCE, IN THE PAST YEAR HAS ANYONE NEEDED THE 3 HOLE PUNCH AND NOW TANNER NEEDS IT AND I HAVE PACKED IT AWAY!

Haven't vacuumed since my birthday.  Haven't swept for a couple of weeks.  Have no furniture to dust, no mirrors to clean..

AND NOW..

We get the news that there is a little bitty problem with the Draper house.  The previous owner has placed a lien on the home in which he claims it was an invalid foreclosure and thus he has placed a lien on the home.  Which means, for me, and for anyone else interested in purchasing this house from the bank that foreclosed on this particular idiot..

TOUGH BEANS!! HA HA HA!! JOKE IS ON YOU!!

Until the lien is removed from the home, we can not close on the house.  Let me tell you all of the reasons that this has my shorts in a wad.

1. Did I mention that I am 90% packed? Boxes everywhere.  3 hole puncher?...don't know.. We had been told that the closing date was going to be Thursday or Friday, so that is what I was working towards.  What the freakin' freak? Can someone tell me, what the freakin' freak????

2. We had a low interest rate on lock.  Don't know that we will be able to close in time to take advantage of this rate. Super awesome.

3. We have purchased $13,000 dollars worth of appliances to go in the Draper house.  Yes, that is right.  I said $13,000.. The previous owner (who I have such love for) took every appliance out of the home before he was evicted by the bank (unfairly evicted of course).  He removed the fridge, the double oven, the microwave, the dishwasher, the cook top, the cook top hood/vent thingie.  We also purchased a new washer and dryer for the laundry room, as well as a stackable washer and dryer for our closet (so cool!!).  What to do?? Maybe I could just put all of these new appliances into our home now.  I can then maneuver around boxes AND slide around my new double oven, while stepping over my new microwave.  It could be like an obstacle course.

4. EXCEPT for that we have given our notice and have to be out of this house by the end of March.  

5. I really loved this Draper house and felt so lucky to have found it and won it.  We have felt so good about it, and I am just really irritated (to say the least!).

Are you laughing? I am not.  I am seriously going to lose my mind.  My poor kids don't know what the heck is going on.  Moving, not moving.  It is hard to explain to kids that some people are just losers and like to make life difficult for others.  I don't know, I shouldn't judge.  Maybe the owner has a good reason for putting a lien on the house that he didn't pay for, after he has already moved out and stolen all of the appliances.  I don't know.  I am sure there is a valid reason for it.  

Between this and my husband's current condition (bed bound), I have lost my mojo or in other words, my will to live has left the building.

If I didn't know better, I would say someone is messing with me.

Did I mention,  I own 2 washers and 2 dryers and 2 ovens and no house?



5 comments:

cindy said...

STACEY!!! Oh my Heck!! I'm so sorry! Repeat after me, "Serenity now, Serenity now..." Somehow this will work out. Deep breathing. Hope this works out quickly for you.

yatesfam said...

Holy "freakin freak" is right! I am so sorry you guys are dealing with that! What a pain. That's ridiculous. If you need any help with kids please let me know. They can come play with Sahara (I'm sure she would LOVE it!!)

Jayson & Chelsey said...

Haha, I HAVE to laugh at this, because if I didn't laugh I would probably cry for you! I'm sorry for this wrinkle in your plan!

Christie said...

You can come use our hole punch, or anything else for that matter, anytime. :)

Jenell said...

Stace, I have finally emerged from my bubble, and wanted to get caught up on how you are all doing...did not expect this post!! So sorry things are upside down, inside out and right side up t the moment...you must have the shoulders of Hulk by now!
Love you guys, and sending prayers your way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews