Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chuck E Cheese with our dance friends














Sadie has been asking to go to Chuck E Cheese for her 4th Birthday. I have not wanted to commit, due to our present living conditions and stress levels (have you heard? i live in hell!). So- I was thrilled when we were invited to lunch after dance class last wednesday and the dance moms decided to go to Chuck E's (the church is true).

Sadie had so much fun with her little dance friends. I jokingly said to the other moms that I should just pretend that this was her birthday party. (Don't forget the mote in your eye, or is it a beam?). Luckily I had my camera (a must at a birthday party) and there were presents (whatever her tickets could buy) and there were cute little girl friends, eating and laughing and having fun. It was a birthday party, I swear!

Remember, Sadie is my 4th child. She is lucky I remember her birthday, especially since the fires of hell have been lapping at my cankles for about 3 months now. I hope someday she is not in therapy because of this year's friend party.

HOUSE UPDATE:

I know that many are wondering.. WHAT THE HECK? I will tell you that right now, we still don't really know where we will be living in May. We can stay in our house until the end of April and then we must be out. The Draper house that we love is still being tied up in the court system and could be for 2-6 months. We are not hopeful at this point because of some news we heard a few days ago. It is quite certain that in the next week or so, the bank that owns the home will have to cancel the contract with us so they can clear the title. Once they get rid of "crazy clint" (the former owner), then they will put it back on the market. I had a moment today, for the first time, of tears and fear... Todd talked me down from my ledge and I am going to have faith because he has faith that everything is going to work out. We don't know how, but we believe that things will be OK. We may not get the Draper house that we love, but if we don't, it just wasn't meant to be and that will be just fine. As long as we are together, we are home. My curb is my family's curb, my viaduct is their viaduct.


3 comments:

Shannon and Cameron said...

Holy. Cow. There are no words.

My favorite sentence right now might be "my viaduct is their viaduct. "

shortandsweet said...

If life still leaves you living in the gutter come April, you can come and live with us...Tanner and Josh can be the brothers that NEVER fight, Maddie can be the sister Valesca has always wanted, your hubby can work out with my hubby (or inspire him to work out more) and life will be great!!!! Oh, of course you probably would have to sleep in our shed or in the 3rd car garage or something, but that is a step up from the viaduct. Just sayin', we will miss you guys around here!!!!

Anonymous said...

No...come live with us :) Not that our house is big but it is a happy home and that is all that matters :) You always wanted a sister mom...you will then have one...but I think I will make you do all my errand running and could you take my girls to dance and gymnastics too :) Maybe you are meant to end up back by ME!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews