'Tis the season for my fabulous
canning skills to make an appearance.
I canned dozens of quarts of beautiful Lemon Alberta peaches,
which involves boiling, peeling, pitting, slicing, measuring,
praying, yelling, swearing, etc..
Love me some good canned peaches.
But the best is the fresh peach pies that I make.
Seriously, do not even think that you have a better dessert,
because I don't think it is possible.
It doesn't look like much, but it is HEAVEN!!
Recipe as follows:
Fresh Peach Pie
1 9 inch graham cracker pie crust
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
3 T cornstarch
1 T butter
2 cups fresh peaches, pitted and mashed
1/4 teas ground nutmeg
1 teas vanilla
4 cups fresh peaches-pitted, skinned (optional) and sliced
Combine sugar, water, cornstarch, butter, mashed peaches, and nutmeg in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until clear and thick. Stir in vanilla.
Fill pie shell with sliced fresh peaches, alternating with the glaze. Refrigerate.
RULES:
1.Don't you dare use a normal pie crust. You must use a graham cracker crust.
2.Don't you dare top it with anything other than real whipped cream. Cool Whip?? Don't make me slap you.
3.This recipe is supposed to be enough for 1 pie, but I think it is enough for 2 pies.
4.Don't make less than 2 pies because I promise you will want to eat 1 entire pie yourself.
Feel free to be jealous of my Martha Stewartness.
Or my Rachel Rayness.
Come to think of it,
I am actually a canner that has no equal.
Veggies for my dinner of chicken lettuce wraps... YUM-O!
Sadie must be a tasty little treat for some sort of
nasty insect. She has 17 of these horribly itchy bites all over
her. They almost look like chicken pox, but they are bites of
some sort. Don't really look like mosquito bites, and they don't act like them either.
They kind of crust over and get really big and they are deep.
I am not sure what bit her, but it got her good.
4 comments:
Sounds totally good. I like this graham cracker crust idea. 6 cups of sliced peaches sounds miserable though. I hate slicin and peeling peaches so I'll never can. You and Sara are 2 freaking peas in a pod.
What time are we eating this pie? I'll be there :) JK, but in all seriousness.... I had and loved your recipe for lettuce wraps...and lost it :( Any chance you want to email it to me?
i want some peach pie and some lettuce wraps! come cook for me. on the days that i can, we have toast for dinner. what the heck! canning, peach pieness and a healthy dinner all in one day??? how is it possible?
I knew I should have emailed you to find out if you were getting those amazing peaches again this year... dang it. They look amazing!
Love the pie in a graham crust...but my quest is to learn how to make real pie crust, not the cheating buy a crust in the store. (sigh)
I too would love the veggie wrap recipe, looks gorgeous:)
Post a Comment