Friday, October 28, 2011

Tanner's 15th Birthday Extravaganza

Day 1






Beautiful Florida.

It was a little bit cooler than we thought it would be, but still we had a fun few hours at Cocoa Beach.  You can see in the pictures that Todd and Tanner were pounding the energy drinks (I know.. they are poison).  We allowed ourselves to get bumped by Delta ($1200 dollars worth of free travel in our future) and we had to take a red-eye flight to New York (JFK airport = nightmare!) and then from NYC we flew to Orlando.  Got to Orlando around 11:00 a.m. so we decided to head to the beach.  As you can see from the pictures, hardly any waves and almost no people.  It was awesome!  Had ourselves some snacks and energy drinks and chilled for a bit and then we went back to our house, ate some take-out chinese (very yummy) and watched a movie (Hanna-very gory and violent-right up a 15 year old boys alley!).

These individual trips are something I highly recommend to all my parent friends.  It is fun to allow the kids to make the plans and just hang out with one of them.  Tanner is alot like Maddie in that he doesn't like to make plans or decisions.  It makes them uncomfortable, but we make them do it and it is good for them.

Or course, you have to be willing to live with the decisions they make.. me? I had to live with watching Hanna and many other Boy movies this trip.

Tanner.. you are the teen son of my dreams! I love you and had so much fun with you!


2 comments:

Sara said...

so glad you guys got to go!

Jenell said...

So fun to see the pictures of your trip with Tanner! It looks like so much fun!
As a fellow parent, I am totally "sold" on this idea...now I just need to get my husband on board!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews