Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 5: Magic Kingdom and Disney Quest




Let's just say that the Magic Kingdom was not so magic for us.

Yes.. you heard me right.  We did not love Magic Kingdom.

Look at Tanner's face in the top picture.  This face was the face made by a teenager who had just spent 3 hours waiting in lines for 3 rides.  45 minutes of that 3 hours was waiting in line for a ferry to get us to the entrance of the park.

Yes.. again, you heard right.  You must first park your vehicle and then catch a shuttle.  No big deal.  But the place the shuttle drops you off is not the entrance to the park.  It is a faux-entrance.  You must then stand in line waiting for either a ferry or a monorail to take you to the entrance of the park.

Note the matching NIKE outfits that they are sporting. 
University of Utah apparel and new shoes and socks. 
That was their only bright spot in a day filled with hate.

With this development discovered, both my "men" were very irritated.  There was quite a crowd on the day that we decided to go and Todd was in TOP FORM in regards to complaining and getting onery because he hates people.  Tanner followed along with his dad and decided that he hated people too.  Especially people on vacation, with their children or their elderly parents.  I must say it took all of the cheeriness in my entire body to stand the crowds, lines and my 2 "men".  It was not the best choice we ever made.  Magic Kingdom is for little kids, not teenaged boys and their fathers with the attitudes of little kids.  Tanner was not the least bit impressed with Minnie Mouse and didn't even care if we saw Rapunzel (I was under the impression that she was "hot").  Both Todd and Tanner got murderous looks on their faces when I suggested we go on the "It's a Small World" ride.  Todd said he might drown himself in the 4 inches of water if I made him go on it.  I, too, can't imagine standing in a 40 min line to go on "It's a Small World".  I can't imagine standing in a 1 minute line to go on it either.

So.. we rode Space Mountain, which caused my son's neck injury to recur.  I developed a headache from laughing at us on the ride.  All I could hear was Todd crying out that his legs were breaking in half and Tanner squealing something about his neck... Todd has to fold himself into all rides at any amusement park and this particular ride his shins were pressed up into the metal back of the seat in front of him.  He is like a big human praying mantis and it makes me laugh every time.  Todd did not think it very funny.  In fact, he then got on a rant about how they make accomodations for everyone with disabilities, why don't they make a few rides that he can actually fit on comfortably.  It is quite a funny rant and I like to egg him on when he gets on his soapbox... "I should be able to ride comfortably too!" or "It's not my fault I have legs that are 5 feet long!" or "I could probably sue someone for emotional distress!".  (so could I, truth be told...)

After the drama of our first Space Mountain ride, we gave up our fast passes that we had for the same ride... too much complaining of shin, neck and head pain.  We then hustled over to Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain.  We fast passed Big Thunder and then waited in line for Splash Mountain for 30-40 minutes.  We rode those 2 rides and then the boys were d.o.n.e.!  So we made for the exit.  Those 5 foot legs can really carry that man quickly out of the Magic Kingdom.  I had to run to keep up with him.

The best part of the day at Magic Kingdom occurred as we were almost to escape.  Todd was stopped by some non-english speaking people to take their big family photo in front of Cinderella's castle.  This is funny for many reasons... 1) Todd hates when I take pictures, so he was carrying my camera so I wouldn't take any pictures-thus, the cute little foreigner's thought he was a photographer 2) Todd was itching to get out of the park as fast as possible and now he has to play nice and take several different photos of people he doesn't even know and can't "speaka engliss" 3) Todd is a horrible photographer... I can't imagine what the poor people thought of their photos when they got home and looked at them.

Tanner and I had a good laugh at him as he was giving them poses and counting down "1..2..3.." It was fun.  He was totally bugged at us for our mockery, but he soon got over it as we left the confines of Magic Kingdom.

I know that is hurtful to say in a sentence.. confines of the Magic Kingdom... but it is my true feelings.  I will not be excited to go again, I don't think.  I am sure it would have been funner with Sadie and Luke, but I think Tanner and Todd may have ruined it for me for several decades.


We ended the day at Downtown Disney watching "Real Steel" and then spending several hours at Disney Quest which was AWESOME! 5 story building with wall to wall arcade games.  It was part of the package we bought and we really had a great time there.  The best was when we were racing each other on this Nascar game.  There was 8 games lined up side by side and we took up 3 of them.  There was a little boy, probably 10 years old, that kept beating us.  Every single race, that little brat was beating me (I mean us).  So we decided to keep playing until we beat him.  And then it got ugly.  We formed an unholy alliance and we made the little boy wreck and we beat him.  And it made me happy.  Happier than I had ever been at the Happiest Place on Earth.  I know.. I am the devil.




4 comments:

Diana said...

Absolutely love your memoirs!
Mom

Christie said...

I want to add you to my blog list. I need your email. :)

stacy said...

stashby@hotmail.com

Sara said...

note to self...no magic kingdom, especially with men.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews