NOT Campbell's Vegetable Beef Soup
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/ground-beef-soup-209470#ixzz1cbUJgvkd
Here are the modifications I made:
Instead of onion, I sprinkled in Beefy Onion dry soup mix onto the ground beef. I also added a can of green beans and a cup or so of brown rice once I had in all my liquids. Barley would be a great addition, but I did not have any. Instead of beef bouillon, I added a can of beef consomme one time as well as beef broth another time that I made it.
Brown the ground beef with any spices you wish ( good time to add the beefy onion soup mix). Then add the paste and water as well as the beef bouillon or consomme/beef broth. Bring to boil or just go ahead and add the carrots and potatoes. Bring up to a boil and cook until fork tender and then throw in the corn and green beans. You could also just brown the meat and throw it all in the crock pot. Listen... this is how I roll at my house, especially with soup.. Just use your imagination. I am sure you will love it. I am going try another modification tonight with this soup. I am going to make mashed potatoes and add the soup over the top. DO NOT MOCK ME! I, and many other foodies that are really uppity people, love the mashed potatoes + soup combination. Look it up. Get back to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment