Saturday, April 7, 2012

In Love




Maddie is in love.
With the country.
With the people.
With the weather.
With the culture.

OK.. not the food, so much.

She had the trip of a lifetime.
I can tell the Philippines touched her heart and soul.
She is determined to go back.

I hope I can go with her because listening to her stories makes me 
wish I could experience this wonderful country with her and other loved ones.

Better start saving my pennies.





This is the room on the top floor of the Department of Education building.
They slept on mats on the floor.
 Oh so very comfortable.
Maddie said she was usually so exhausted it didn't much matter.



This is the view from the top of the Department of Ed building.
On the roof was their "shower" and also where the ate every morning.



The bucket for the bucket shower is on the left.

The typical morning fare is on the right.
Maddie stated she would never eat rice again.
She refused to eat the spam that was also served.
I can understand--they boil it, not fry it.

She did love the mangos!





All of their crap all neatly lined up.


I wish I remembered what these brooms are called.
They loved cleaning with them so much that she brought several home with her.
I hope that means she will be cleaning my house!! 



Of course, there will be more to come!  
She is a girl after my own heart and took hundreds of pictures.
Can't wait to share them.
Thank you to all my friends and family for making this trip possible for her.
We love you!

And WE LOVE THE PHILIPPINES!




2 comments:

Sara said...

LOVE! i am so happy that maddie has experienced the country of my heart. we will go back together. all of us. and we will take bucket showers and eat mangos and we will love it.

Kimmie said...

so awesome!!! I'm glad she had a positive experience! Maybe it will make her want to go on a mission and we can postpone the "wedding" thing for another 5 years! Watching her grow up means mine are right around the corner....and I hate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews