Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Punched in the gut

Super great news today.

Our hard drive on our main computer is shot.

Pictures, videos, documents--all hopelessly lost.

I am the primary secretary-all of my primary organizational forms-gone.

Hours of work-gone.

The worst is that Maddie had made a video of her Philippine experience.  It included several clips of video shot of her experiences there and a montage of pictures set to awesome music.  It appears that we are not going to be able to retrieve it.  Luckily, she had posted most of her pictures to Facebook, but all of the video is lost.  I am so sick about it.

We actually have an external back up system, but because of the hard drive issue, it was not able to back up our computer for at least a couple of months.  Todd thought it wasn't backing up because I had too many photos--hah!! he was wrong!! Except, I wish he was right.

So now, I will be spending money on a new hard-drive and also spending money to ship my old (piece of crap) hard drive to California to some data-recovery business.  I am sure it will cost a month's salary for them to try to retrieve the items off the computer, but I suppose I will have to suck it up in order to preserve (hopefully) some of the post important things.

So so so frustrating.

Needless to say, it may be awhile before I am blogging again.  I have nothing constructive to say, and no pictures to post.

My life may not be worth living...

kidding...

kind of.





2 comments:

Sara said...

seriously!?! that really sucks! i HOPE that they are able to recover it. i have to see maddie's philippines stuff. wait...this isn't about me. so sorry. really i am!

carrs said...

That really sucks! I know how you feel. I have lost all of Lexis first year of her life cause our computer crashed beyond repair! Good luck I hope you can fix it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews