Monday, April 9, 2012

Philippines: Last Chapter


This is the ending part of Maddie's trip.

I know, it is totally out of order.  Like dessert first.

I have hundreds of pictures I want to post of her trip-a bit overwhelming.

So, I will do the airport first and then I will post pictures of her trip.

Too excited!
Sadie spent her time running on the people mover sidewalk-backwards. 


Waiting...

Waiting...

Waiting some more.
Seriously painful!


There was a huge group waiting at the bottom of the escalator.
There was all of the families of the YMAD kids and then a huge
group of family for 2 missionaries coming home from Hong Kong.
Kind of made me feel a bit silly realizing they had to wait 2 years
to hear about their child's adventure and I was impatient with the 2 weeks.


Our first glance of their group.
She was cute..started crying when she saw us.
(I hope out of happiness, not sadness-maybe a bit of both!)










After the airport, the girls insisted on Cafe Rio.
Yes, it was 10 p.m., but you don't argue with jet-lagged teenagers.
So we went to Lori's house and ate and looked at video and pictures.
I videoed them talking about their experience. 
All of them teared up again as they spoke about their
Filipino friends that they hated to leave.

It was a wonderful night!
So happy that she is back, safe and sound.
So happy that her heart was touched.






1 comment:

Diana said...

Beautiful girls -- so good to know they're home again and that their trip was all they hoped for and more. Love my Maddie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews