Sunday, April 1, 2012

still fun even with no theme...


Yes.  I am the lazy mom with NO THEME for her child's party.

Let me rephrase.. 

I had a theme...

It was "If you want a theme, find another family because there will be no theme this year because I might be committed to a mental institution if I have to be creative or plan some elaborate birthday party that will be worthy of 59 repins on pinterest."

Ya, that was the theme.

(This party was the day before Maddie left for the Philippines.  Needless to say, I was slightly overbooked.  So in the now famous words of President Uchdorf, if you find yourselves wanting to judge just.. STOP IT.)

My daughter was happy with the scraps that I threw to her on her birthday.  We took 5 of her friends and Luke and his buddy to Jungle Jim's.  I realize that it may not be for everyone, but for our 7 kids, it was perfect.  There was no literally no one there except us and they were able to run from ride to ride with no waiting.  Perfect for my impatient children.  We rode rides, we ate cupcakes and opened presents.  Love my little princess soooo much!! I can't tell you the joy that she brings into our lives.









My favorite of all of the hundreds of pictures I took.  I love Sadie and Bella's face.
I think they went on this ride about 12 times,
Screaming that horribly loud girl scream that makes you want to poke out your eyes.
They even got Todd to go on it, which is a feat because he has to get in all sorts of unnatural positions with his lower extremities to fit on amusement rides, especially ones made for 7 year olds.











She also got to go to dinner with her favorite of Maddie's friends, Gabe.
We went to Red Robin and had a great time.
(Notice all 3 boys with their FLAT hats.  Seriously. Such studly nerds.)






Grandma and Grandpa Rasmussen also took her to dinner at my kids all-time favorite,
"Olifsgarten" or Olive Garden to you and me.
Such a lucky girl! 
And a lucky family to have such a fun girl.

Sadie Grace, Age 5.
Our little princess, FOREVER!!


2 comments:

Sara said...

i love my sadie grace!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't even know Jungle Jim had all these fun things...Lissa would love it if I took her there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews