At the shuttle drop-off, before the hike.
Do we look a bit scared?
I, for one, was in full-diarrhea mode at this point...
Angel's Landing right behind us.
At Scout's Landing. This is where a lot of people stop.
There is a fabulous view from this point, but we decided we were
ready to conquer our fear of heights and go for the summit!!
Suck it up kiddos, here we go!
A little brotherly kindness and support,
somewhere on the trail.
Ruggedly handsome young man, isn't he?
Another view of the spine that you have to traverse to get to the top.
Todd as THE KING OF THE WORLD!
Chris, our wonderful hiking friend and Tanner,
both a bit close to the edge for my comfort.
But, instead of yelling,
I took a picture instead.
So proud of myself.
This rock is almost at the very peak.
People (crazy people, like Todd) love to stand on it and take pictures.
Maddie opted to sit on it. Good call, sister.
Are you kidding me?? I want to go back and do it again today!!
So spectacular!
Loving it.
This is at Scout's Landing, one of the only times I got to see my son.
He is a regular mountain goat and I am but a graceless sloth compared to him.
This chipmunk is very nonchalant despite a 1000 foot cliff 1 inch behind him.
The kids were stressed he was going to fall off.
Those crazy girls. This freaked me out. Braedon stood up behind them
and took this picture while I held on to Maddie and Katie and then Katie held on to
Braedon and Savannah. Love this picture though.
This is the view deeper into the canyon. The most beautiful hike I have ever done.
Probably my favorite of all time.
Todd getting cocky. Can you see him???
The girls getting cocky...
Savannah and Maddie wanted a picture of their legs dangling over.
This is so amazing because Maddie was sure she was not going to be able
to do this hike because she was so terrified.
I love that she conquered this fear.
How about bungie jumping now, Ms Magoo??
The look of success!
The only time I got to see much of Tanner on this hike, was at the top.
I was so freaked out, that I couldn't go right behind him because
I would have made him crazy with my non-stop worrying and
correcting and yelling. So I asked a responsible adult to go behind him as he
followed his dad up the spine to the peak. Maddie followed me and we all survived
without me having an anxiety attack.
Tanner did so great. I don't think this even really fazed him.
This is the view off one side of the peak.
One of my favorite pictures because it shows
the chain and the narrow spine that you traverse.
This stretches between Scout's landing and
the peak, which is Angel's Landing.
We are headed down at this point.
On the way up, I was still so nervous, I didn't pull out the camera
and didn't really look at anything except my feet or the
lovely, life-saving chain.
On the way down, I couldn't get enough of the view.
I had to have one hand on her at all times when even 6 feet from the edge.
Freaky, but so freakin' awesome, I can't even explain!!
That sheer ledge behind me is the cliff face that is the top of angel's landing.
This is my attempt at photographing the side of the cliff-face.
Ultra cool, ultra terrifying!
What a trooper my little Maddie Potter was!
I was nervous for her because she is as scared of heights as I am,
but she did so AWESOME!
She absolutely loved the hike and could not get over how
spectacular the views were.
Proud of you girl!
This is on the way down the switchbacks known as
"Walter's Wiggles"
There are supposedly 21 switchbacks, but we counted 29..
hmm.. maybe altitude delirium??
Of course, my husband has to go off the beaten
path and take my posterity with him.
This is one of those lovely moments I just
had to smile, take a photo and then turn away..
On the way down, there was love in the air...
Again, I think it was altitude delirium.
Brandon and Maddie cooling off in the river at the end of the hike down.
White t-shirt? Wet white t-shirt? Good call, Maddie..
No rocks to climb? We will climb trees!!
Maddie just fell in the river when I took this picture. GRACE, I tell you.
LOVED THIS HIKE!!
ANYONE WANT TO GO WITH US NEXT YEAR???
MOM, DAD??
![]()
1 comment:
so glad you did it and so glad you survived! and no...probably won't be doing that.
Post a Comment