
I have to say nothing tickles me more than my teen daughter and her escapades.
She is a beautiful and talented young woman who can do most anything she puts her mind to. Unfortunately she has decided that sandwich-artist is something that she does not want to put her mind to. She would like to quit the Subway business. Her first day was "long" and "hard" and her 10 minute break was "only 5 minutes because they kept asking me to do stuff". Her first day was supposed to be training, but within 3 minutes of entering the store, she was briskly making a sandwich. So briskly that she cut her finger and bled all over the sandwich-she didn't realize it until she was rolling the sandwich up (customer #1 "Um.. I didn't want blood on my sandwich, just ranch please."). Sandwich + blood = totally mortified sandwich artist. The blood incident was actually later in her long 4 hour shift. Her very first sandwich was a beautiful feat of homemaking skills until she went to squirt mustard on it and she squished it too hard and a big ol' glob of mustard plopped on the turkey/bacon/ranch (customer #2 "Um.. I really didn't want that much mustard on my sandwich"). Sandwich + 1 cup of yellow mustard = teen angst to the max.
She didn't appreciate that the 2 other sandwich artists made her wash all of the dishes because they said it was the worst clean-up job. However, as bad as that was, she said she would have rather washed dishes for 4 hours than face making another sandwich. Poor girl. Gotta love her.
I knew she would come home totally bugged.
It really made my night. ;)
![]()
2 comments:
poor maddie! i have been a sandwich artist and it is not easy!
I can totally relate to her. Remember me working at Subway at Dixie, Im telling you at first it was so scary and stressful. Stacy Squires just reminded me yesterday how hilarious it was to se me in my uniform at subway, and the smell I brought home with me.
Post a Comment