Here's the deal.
I feel sooo blessed to be a Mom.
So thankful that I really don't need any stinkin' Mom's Day.
Besides, any holiday worth it's beans is a lot of work for us Moms, so.. can we just skip it??
Except for that I don't want to miss telling my own dear Mother how much I love and appreciate her and all she has done for me. So, I guess I will continue to celebrate Mother's Day, if only for my mom.
Because, really, truly, I would do this job ("MOM") for free. Which I do. I would also do this job even if I didn't get homemade chocolate chip pancakes served to me in bed once a year (THANKS MADDIE). I would certainly miss the homemade cards and the flowers my kids bring home from church and preschool. And, I guess I sorta love my husband expressing his thanks to me for "multiplying and replenishing" with him.
I am changing my mind. I do like Mother's Day.
Luke asked me if there was a Father's Day and I told him yes, there is a day for Dad's in June. He then asked the best question,
"When is Kids Day?" (all put-out and irritated..)
My answer, "Everyday is Kid's Day!" (all put-out and irritated)
![]()
3 comments:
Totally the truth! Every day but Mothers Day and Fathers Day is KIDS DAY!
Must be the age...Bryce asked the exact same thing this year. I told him everyday is kids day and he got all emotional and said "then why don't we get presents everyday?"
Seriously, you are one of those Moms everyone wants to have -- sassy, loving, and able to do back flips on the tramp! So proud of you and your mothering skills! Love, Mom
Post a Comment