




I know... we do a lot of hiking. But, I love it and I make my kids go with me. This particular day, (July 25th) Todd and Maddie were both working, so that is why no pictures of them. I think I about wore my kids out with all of the hikes we have been doing, but it's good for them, no? I kept singing "Pioneer Children" to them as we made our way up the trail towards the lake. Seriously, I don't know how those pioneer ladies did it. No sanitizer, no doritos, no toilet paper or tampons. No diet coke for those frayed pioneer nerves, no walking boot for inflammed achilles tendons, no sunscreen or bugspray. No Canon camera to capture the memory, no soft bed to come home to, no cell phones for emergency use. I can't even imagine the struggle that it was for these mommas and kids. I could not have made it. I would have sat down in the middle of the trail and said, "Hey you! Brother Brigham! Yeah, you! This is the place!" But alas, my spirit was saved for the time when we walk for entertainment. I mean, can you imagine trying to explain hiking to a pioneer. "Yeah, when we have free time, we go walk in the forest. I know, it is so cool!" I wonder what the pioneers think of us as they look down on us from their perches. I am afraid to know. Do they think we are totally lame with our crazy schedules and diets and soft beds and TV and fast food? If they do, I don't blame them. We are lame. Me especially with my wee little walking boot. Seriously, am I for real? Yes, I'm afraid I am.![]()
1 comment:
love it. i want to go on these hikes with you and yes..i am sure that pioneers think that we are crazy.
Post a Comment