Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 1: Kona Hawaii




Day One: Had to get unpacked and go grocery shopping for the week, so we didn't get much beaching done. We went to the resort pool which was nice and had a fun dinner at a local joint which served the best mud pie I have ever had. My father-in-law had a magnificent dinner called moco loco. It consists of several scoops of rice, topped with a hamburger patty (or any other slab of meat, even spam!). Then over the meat, they put a big ole gob of brown gravy. The cherry on top is several fried eggs, soft, so the yolks run out into the gravy. Wow!! The locals swear by it! I did feel adventurous so I tried a bite. Not quite sure I could do a whole plate of it, but I can see why the locals like it.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews