This trip was made possible by my wonderful in-laws. It was our Christmas present last year. They are always telling us that they are spending our inheritance so we have nothing to fight over when they die.. Sad, but probably true. We are so happy and blessed to be able to share these vacations with them. They are FUN and they never seem to run out of energy. You would never guess they are in their 80's.. (kidding!!).
While on the trip, they decided that they wanted to surprise us with a 2 hour helicopter ride around the entire big island. So, they called it our next Christmas present. I think it should be called our next 3 Christmas presents..
What an experience!! Seriously, the BEST! It was the highlight of our trip. We saw old lava flows, new lava flows, waterfalls..
Only downside was that I was fairly sick this day.. having stomach pain, nausea.. Not so much fun when you are about to take your first helicopter ride. I prayed really hard that I wouldn't ruin the ride for anyone by spewing on them.. Prayer answered.. but it was touch and go for awhile.
Lucky Todd got to sit in front with the pilot. He had quite the view-even a window under his feet.
What a great end to our trip!!
... at least that is how it was supposed to end... more to come....(of course, drama)
No comments:
Post a Comment