It was all going so well.
Tanner, co-captain this week, was ready to go.
Mom, Dad and best cousin Cole were here, ready to support Tanner in his big game.
I had reservations. Todd had reservations. My mom had reservations.
Because, you see.. all was not well.
Tough-guy Tanner was playing hurt. We should not have let him play this week.
But, we did.
And Tanner got more hurt.
4th play of the game, no less. We basically had just got sat down and we were off to the hospital.
Stupid ER visit ($2000), with accompanying MRI ($2200) and CT scan ($800). Oh yes, don't forget the abdominal ultrasound ($400) and chest X-ray ($523). You do realize I am just guessing on those prices and that it is probably going to be triple those amounts. And the most offensive thing of all!!!?? I had to eat in the cafeteria and it cost me $9.44 for a nasty grilled cheese sandwich and rubber fries.
A.N.N.O.Y.I.N.G!!!
Tanner has a cord contusion, but the good news is no neck fracture or disc herniation. We were quite worried because he had significant weakness on his right side as well as nerve pain down his arm into his hand. He also had some neck pain. BUT!! He is just fine. No football for 2 weeks and then we will see how it goes. He has to wear his fabulous "necklace" for as long as he has neck pain. Isn't it cute? I like how it pushes his cheeks up and makes his face look all swollen. Such a sad thing for my boy.
We still love football in this house, but we love Tanner WAY more.
So... we will have to do some crocheting and mincing for the girlie-girl salads we will be eating for the next 2 weeks.
Judgers... beware. When Tanner gets well I will have him squash you.
This is the play that started our
day of ER fun..
Curse you, stupid 79.
Tanner told Todd after his fun visit that he felt "violated".
I wasn't there in the trauma bay when he got there, but I guess
they cut off ALL of your clothes,
--horrifying for any teenager--
Todd explained to Tanner that he actually got the very nice version of the trauma room.
Usually, not only do they strip you down and not cover your nakedness, but
ALL trauma patients are gifted the gloved finger in the rectum exam.
(check for blood)
So, Tanner took back the word violated when he heard what horrors he narrowly escaped.
They actually almost cut his jersey off but Todd stopped them.
They had to be stopped.
Shut up, it was his jersey...
You don't cut the jersey.
The only thing that comforted him..
not me, or his father.
It was his helmet with all of it's "lacerations and bruises"
I am sure you are also judging me for taking pictures of my son while going through his ordeal in the ER. Do you not realize that we go to the ER so often that it is really the equivalent of a day at the park?
This was merely a day at the park in what has become my life.

3 comments:
I must say it is amazing how much you guys are at the ER... it must be a record or something. Haven't you met your out of pocket maximum for the year? :) Hope Tanner gets feeling better and glad he's ok!!
Poor Tanner! Hopefully there will be no more visits to the ER, and hopefully your wallet won't be hit too hard- you've had to have met all of your deductibles and out of pocket maximums by now, right?
poor tanner! and poor you, no football to watch for 2 weeks?!?
Post a Comment