Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 4: Temple & Waterparks

Yes, we visited the Orlando temple.
Yes, we were in our swimsuits.
Yes, I am an awful person.
That is why I am not in any pictures.
I am ashamed.



 It was cool watching this skywriter thingy all day long.
He had lots to say:

U + God = :)
Jesus loves You

He flew over all of the Magic Kingdom with inspiration messages.
Almost a bit like General Conference.
It really is the Happiest Place on Earth!
It was awesome!

The first water park we went to was Typhoon Lagoon.
OVER THE TOP!
LOVED IT!
The very best was the wave pool.
Every few minutes you would hear this gigantic whoosh sound.
I actually don't know how to describe it, except it was a very scary
sound that produced this very scary looking tsunami wave.
You would hear this whoosh and then everyone in the pool would
shriek like little babies.
Even the men.
And within seconds the wave would be coming at you.
Scary, I tell you.
Todd and Tanner swam as close to the beginnings of the wave as you could.
I, however, was thoroughly intimated by the tsunami.
I stayed back with the 2 and 3 year olds with their lifejackets and mommies.
I knew if anything happened I could grab someone's floaties and
save myself.  Or yell to a mommy.


 Todd and Tanner waiting for the tsunami wave.

Todd and Tanner in the tsunami wave.


My handsome grown up boy.
Makes my stomach hurt.

In the background of this picture is the boat that was marooned by the
tsunami/typhoon.  Disney does it right FOR SURE!

LOVE my waterproof camera that I purchased at 
BIG LOTS for $30.
That's right! $30!!
So much fun!!

 Me about to be hit by the tsunami wave.

 Me after being hit by the tsunami wave.


 Tanner obviously sustained a facial nerve injury while playing in the tsunami wave.
There is, however, no excuse for the state of my face.
It was that way before the tsunami hit.
IT IS CALLED 40 YEARS OLD, PEOPLE!!

We also played at the other waterpark- Blizzard Beach!
LOVED IT SO MUCH!!!
We stayed until they kicked us out at closing time.
Really, really fun day!!

Good Times!!


After the waterparks, we had to go shopping.
Yes, I said HAD to go shopping.
HAD TO because I was with 2 boys and it was at the NIKE outlet store.
Not necessarily my idea of a good time.
I guess this is payback for Todd having to come shopping
with Maddie and I on her 15 year old trip.
I don't know how he stood several days of us shopping.
I almost started convulsing after 10 minutes in the NIKE store.
I mean, really.. is there that much of a need for 500 different
types of basketball shoes.
Really?
I don't think so.
Put on some sneakers and go shoot the ball.
If you need $100 pair of fancy shoes to make a basket,
you are kind of a loser.
Yes, I am bitter about the NIKE store.


2 comments:

Sara said...

love the tsunami pictures!

Jen said...

Amen to the Nike store!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews