Sunday, November 20, 2011

So easy to love the first one of the season...























Love Love Love the first snow of the season because-
A) It is absolutely gorgeous
B) My kids get soo excited to play in it
C) Fun to build our first snow man (or "snow little person" in our case)
D) Watching Tanner and Luke wrestle around like crazy boys love to do
E) Luke gets to practice his mad tackling skills on our little snow person
F) Perfect excuse to make hot cocoa and biscuits.

What I dislike about the first snow of the season-
A) getting kids dressed in order to go out and enjoy the snow and freezing cold.
It takes some serious MOM SKILLS to wrestle them into gloves ("my fingers are not in the right hole")
and socks and boots and snow pants ("these make me feel fat") and coats ("I weally don't fink I need a coat with my snow pants and gwoves on") and hats ("my hat is too itchy!").  I think it may have taken me about 45 minutes to get them all dressed.  I thought the snow was going to be melted by the time we got out to the front yard to play.  
AND THEN...
B) I really hate all of the snow ball throwing done to faces.




As you can see, everyone got it in the kisser at least once.
But, we survived our first outing into the wonderful white stuff.  

Now begins my hatred of it.





3 comments:

mike & teresa said...

Cute pictures! We did the same thing and we even tempted sledding down the hill a few times. I think the cleanup is the worst with all the wet and mud tracked into the house.

Sara said...

Love the snowball in the face pictures!

Cam said...

Pretty snow pictures! I would just be happy if my kids stayed in it longer than the time I spend putting their snow clothes on. It would make the hassle a bit more worth it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews