Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sadie Grace and Ms Maddie


We got to celebrate with our cute little imp
Sadie Grace this weekend.

She is now 5 years old.
I can't believe my baby is 5 years old.
And yes, I still call her my baby.
I can see how the youngest gets stuck with that label.

Both of these girls are my babies and they are growing up 
WAY TO FAST!


I look at these baby girl princesses and I wish and hope for their health and happiness.

That the 5 year old grows up knowing she is loved and that she loves herself.

That the 17 year old has faith in herself and Heavenly Father 
enough that she can let go 
and fly!! 
I have faith in you, Ms. Maggoo.
I adore you Ms. Sadie Grace.

Is there anything more precious than children?
And our daughters... wow... future mothers and wives and leaders.
My girls will someday soon be those things.

But through all of the birthdays and craziness that is life..
through graduations (seriously?)
and marriages (ugh!)
and tragedies and triumphs..
I know that they are MINE!
My baby girl princesses.










And as a final note...
Maddie is leaving for the Philippines in about 94 hours.

She will be half-way around the world.
My beautiful, 17 year old daughter...
half-way around the world.

In case of emergency, I would be contacting the US Embassy in the Philippines.

I am trusting the most important thing (part of my family)
to a few lovely people who I don't really know.

But, I know Heavenly Father will be with her and the other teens going with her group.
If I didn't have complete faith and trust in Heavenly Father and his protecting care,
I could never send her on this most amazing adventure.

I am so excited for the experiences she is going to be gaining.
I am so nervous for her to be gone.
She will be gone 17 days, but I know that those 17 days will be packed with
hundreds of smiles, feelings of heartbreak and gratitude...
Many lessons of service.
I hope she gains more appreciation of her life and this wonderful country that we live in.

The 17 days that I hope will impact her life for her entire lifetime.

This picture is Maddie practicing one of her assignments.
They will be responsible for teaching in schools for an entire week.
They each have lessons that they were assigned and it was fun to watch Maddie go thru a few of hers with Luke, Sadie and Zania.



All I can say is "YOU GO GIRL!"

BUT, THEN... "Hurry home Girl!"



5 comments:

Sara said...

oh. i love your girls. i love the picture of them together. so excited for maddie! tell her - "ingat ka" for me oh and "mahal kita" also. salamat!

shortandsweet said...

Hope Maddie has an AWESOME experience and that her mom will be able to cope. Loved the beautiful cake!

Jenell said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Sadie! I can't believe the time is almost here for Maddie to embark on her adventure. Talk about dealing with "extreme" situations, Stace... your baby turns 5 and your oldest flies to the Phillippines!! Love you guys!

Diana said...

Beautiful girls and beautiful thoughts from a loving mother. You're all amazingly wonderful and loved more than we can say. Thanks for being ours! Mom and Grandma Rass

Anonymous said...

I wish you guys still lived close to us...Lissa would love Sadie! AND....really....don't be sad they are growing up. Am I the only one that loves it as they get older? I think it is SO MUCH FUN! I do think I will look back one day and be kind of sad but for right now...I LOVE it! I do think I would be a bit freaked out about letting my daughter go far away though!!! Does she graduate this year?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews