Sunday, August 5, 2012

Last First Day of Kindergarten



Sadie Grace started Kindergarten on Thursday, Aug 2.
She has been so excited.
So excited to ride the bus and wear her kitty t-shirt.
Excited to use her backpack and see her friends.
Excited to leave the nest.
SAD SAD SAD!!

Actually, as much as it pulls at my heartstrings, 
I am so happy my kids love school and are secure and confident
and ready to face the world.

I am so proud of you Sadie Grace!!





 Might be my favorite picture of all time of these two rugrats!






Sadie and Kasey

Lining up..

Going, going....

GONE!


I really have a love-hate relationship with the bus/bus drivers.
There always tends to be at least one incident a year which makes me 
question whether the kids should ride the bus.
We have had some great bus drivers recently and the one the drives in the morning is great.
I knew she would take care of my little ones.

However, I wasn't sure about who the driver was for the a.m. Kindergarten class.
So, I left work for a long lunch and came to Sadie's bus stop so I could
make sure she got off and got home safely and so I could
talk to her for a few minutes about her first day of school.

I waited and waited.
No bus, no Sadie.

It was very late, but I figured it was because it was the first time
the Kindergarteners were on the bus, maybe they were taking it extra slow.  

I was just getting ready to call the school when I say the bus approaching.
I got my camera ready to capture her stepping off the bus, smiling face and spring in step.

The bus was almost here!  Yeah!!
But, wait...
The bus just passed her stop.
Passed me, standing there with my camera.

Stupid.
How stupid must you be to pass a woman with a camera on the
first day of kindergarten.
Stupid.

It didn't let Sadie off at the next stop.
So I got on the phone and started the Amber Alert.
(called the school)
Of course, I had horrible reception and kept getting cut off.

Meanwhile, I see the bus come back towards her stop.
I run.
I break the Olympic record for the 50 yard dash.
The bus pulls over, no lights or foldy out stop sign thing.

I look in the door and see my darling and the bus driver.
No one else on the bus.
He is consulting a map.
He is an idiot.
I knock on the door and rush in and grab up my darling.

I ask him what he is doing.. he passed her stop.
Was he going to let her off on the wrong side of the road with no flashers?

He says in broken English that he is a substitute and wasn't familiar with the bus route.

REALLY??
THE FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN AND THEY SEND A 
SUBSTITUTE THAT CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH??
HOLY HANNA, DO I LIVE IN A WORLD OF 1/2 BRAINS?

Needless to say, I had a nice conversation with the Busing director over our school district.

So glad I was there to save my child from idiocy.
I mean, you basically have to be a super-hero each day in order
to keep your family safe, right?




This picture was taken on the 2nd day of school.
The bus actually dropped her off at the right bus stop this day
so I wasn't freaking out and I got a picture of her coming home!





4 comments:

Shan and Cam said...

I seriously laugh out loud at every one of your posts. Seriously, you could win a funny award. Sadie is so stinkin' cute. Glad day 2 was better!!

Sara said...

yeah sadie!! kindergarten girl. boo! stupid bus drivers.

Diana said...

Sadie looks so grown up and excited to face the world -- what a cutie! I'm glad she has a super Mom to keep her safe!

Jenell said...

That story was even crazy the second time around! It won't be long before I am putting my Blaker on a bus and praying he is delivered 'safe and sound'...queue the Taylor Swift song, and, yes, freak 'bus situations' occur in Neola Ut, too! By the way,I can't get over how big Sadie looks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews