Friday, August 17, 2012

Why I am...


  • STRESSED
  • BROKE
  • ANXIOUS
  • SAD
  • FREAKING OUT
  • SLEEP-DEPRIVED
  • GOING GRAY

As indicated in previous post,
I am now the owner of a 16 year old teenaged son
who drives.
By himself.
In the city.
At night and on the freeway.

Thus the fun adjectives that express my state of mind.




 eating ribs...



Tanner's birthday was filled with food and the DMV..
We ate breakfast at Denny's,
where Tanner scored a free GRAND SLAM.

He then washed it down with some fresh peach pie and a cupcake.

We took him to Texas Roadhouse for some ribs after football practice.
He ate like the teenaged football player that he is.
Love it.
Love him.

I love him enough to pay TRIPLE the amount in car insurance to insure his
dang teenaged boy butt.

Seriously, kill me...




 eating cupcake...



 getting driver's license..



 yeah, baby, yeah!!



 
Maddie was the only one who gave her brother a wrapped present..Thanks sister!

 Polishing off his pancakes..


And...
We have started packing.
Have you heard? 1/5 of my family and my heart is leaving.
In 6 days.
I will not be comforted-Diet Coke and Peach pie are not working.
She is leaving.
I can't believe it.
She is moving on up, to the east side.
Not to a deluxe apartment, but to a dorm room.
Which she will share with someone I don't know.
She will share a bathroom with 2 others whom I don't know.
She will be happy, despite (maybe even because) being gone from her mom.

There is not enough peach pie or diet coke in the world.

 packing..


My kindergartener is loving school,
My first grader is speaking in Chinese,
My 16 year old is asking if he can take the car,

My girl is going away.

I need a pill...
or two..



2 comments:

Sara said...

i am sad and stressed for you. maybe you should add some chocolate something to the mix of peach pie and diet coke.

Diana said...

Oh Stace, I feel your pain, but you gotta love 'em enough to let 'em fly. I wish we could keep them in the next forever. You're all in our prayers. Love you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews