Sunday, June 13, 2010

Stacy plus 7






I was feeling brave.  Decided to take the kids to Lagoon with a couple of cousins and a friend of Maddie's.  What was I thinking? I don't know. Sometimes, I just don't do a lot of thinking, I just do a lot of doing.  This was one of those occasions.  And despite all of the stress and misadventures, it was a great day with some great kids.  We all had a memorable day and I was glad I made the effort.  

We arrived bright and early, right as the park was opening.  It was going to be a good day! I was determined. In the first hour, we hit several rides in Kiddie land. I happened to be by myself with the "monsters" (aka Sadie and Luke) as the older kids were off having fun.  Luke was getting on an airplane ride and informed me he had to pee.  I told him as soon as he got off we would hurry to the bathroom. This ride happened to be run by the most annoying person alive. She decided to fill up the ride before she started it.  I think Luke sat in the airplane for about 10 minutes before she finally got the thing going.  The ride ended, and I hurried the kids to the bathroom. I showed Luke which stall to go in and repeated my mantra ("DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING") and went in the next stall with Sadie to help her on and off.  I came out from helping Sadie and Luke was standing by the stroller, we washed hands and went outside to get in the next line.  Several minutes later while we were in the line, I picked Luke up to hold him for a minute and discovered he was soaking wet.  It took my weary mind a few seconds to compute... urine, all over, we just got here, i am not leaving, what the heck am i going to do?, i could buy some shorts, too much money, i'll rinse him off in the water feature, good idea

So, he had decided he couldn't wait while on the plane ride and had relieved himself on the plane and hadn't informed me.  Played the role of obedient child while in the bathroom, all the while standing in shorts that were soaking wet. The child has no conscience. 

Then, after rinsing him off in the water feature--that is precisely what it is for, I am sure--we went on a few rides and then decided to go to Rattlesnake rapids for a bit more water rinsing.  On the way we stopped to let the kids go on the log ride.  I was on the phone with Todd telling him of our joyous adventures when what do I see?? Luke with his pants down to his ankles peeing, right at the entrance to the log ride.  I swear he was even aiming for a cooler that was sitting on the grass by the entrance.  Once again, my mind could not think fast enough... stop peeing, stop peeing, pull your pants up, stop peeing!  Holy crap. We are about to be ejected from the park for public nudity and for being just plain sociopathic.  I was just so proud at that moment. 

So we went to Rattlesnake Rapids.  Got really wet.  Laughed a lot.  As we were walking to another ride, Maddie and her friend were in front of me and I noticed the unthinkable.  Maddie's cute friend had white shorts on.  Do you know where I am going with this ladies?? Oh yeah.. mother freaking nature had decided to rear her ugly head while at Lagoon wearing wet, white shorts.  Again, my life flashed before my eyes.. what the holy crap are we going to do? I can't leave we just got here, could buy her some shorts or a skirt, tie a shirt around her, someone is messing with me and I don't appreciate it!  She ended up having some extra shorts in the car and we found the necessary implements and DISASTER AVERTED...

All in a day at Lagoon


Rinsing off since he doesn't believe in going to the toilet.


Luke's favorite ride BY FAR.  I am not exaggerating when I say he must have 
rode this ride about 15 - 18 times. He was enamored with the guns
that made real shooting sounds.  He would spend the entire ride shooting
the parents that he was zipping past.  The ride would end and he would get
unbuckled and RUN to the exit then RUN to the entrance to wait for his next
turn on the "best ride of my whole yife!" Once they let him into the ride area 
he would RUN to each rocket and try out the gun to make sure it
worked, then when he found the one that tickled his fancy just right,
he would beam at me and climb in and strap himself in and immediately 
begin to shoot the spectators and other riders.  He has a one track mind.


Pure luck got both of them in this picture.

My two favorite teenaged boys..
You are both such good boys and I love ya!




1 comment:

Sara said...

you are crazy for attempting it, but i am sure that it was fun (for the kids at least)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews