Sunday, June 20, 2010

There is beauty all around


When there is love at home.  However, there may not be much beauty in my home.  Just one example of a loving conversation that occurred recently....

Me talking on the phone while trying to get Sadie and Luke to bed.

Sadie is crying. 

Me: "What's wrong Sadie?"

Sadie: "Luke called me a jerk"

Me: "Luke, did you call your sister a jerk?"

Luke: "No, I didn't.  I was just singing a song."

Me continuing to try to talk on the phone.  I overhear Luke call Sadie a jerk. Sadie starts crying again.

Me: "Luke, quit calling Sadie a jerk. That is very naughty!"

Luke: "I am not calling her a jerk.  I am just singing a song.  (Looks at Sadie) 'You're a jerk. You're a jerk. You're a jerk' It is a song that Maddie sings all of the time to me."

My sister-in-law on the other end of the phone line is laughing because she hears this whole thing.  I am thrilled with his manipulative skills and his willingness to look danger in the eyes and laugh. He is truly a skilled boy who may not live to see his 5th birthday.  



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews