Saturday, June 12, 2010

Fun with Cole and Emma: Part 1



We have had a fun and busy week this last week with the annual Cole and Emma visit. We love those little Rasmussens and when they come in the summer, it is like heaven on earth for my children.

When my kids go to their house in Neola for their visit, they do the most amazing things.. shoot rifles, herd cattle, play outside for hours on end, feed chickens, ride tractors, etc.. NEVER a dull moment. No week in Disneyland could be more fun for my kids. I am serious. Neola is as good as it gets for them.

I don't know why, but we feel like the city is a bit of a boring place unless we fill it full of activities. This week we did some fun things.. We went to Lagoon (click here if you didn't get to see the post about last summer's Lagoon trip). We went swimming. We ate slurpees and ice cream and barbeque. We went on a hike. They had a a couple of sleep outs on the trampoline. Mostly though, we just enjoyed their company. Tanner and Cole in all of their X-Box glory-coming out of Tanner's room only long enough to mumble... "where's the food?" and then stumbling back into their cave, nursing inflamed thumbs and mushy brains. Emma and the babies playing school. I tell you, she will be a darn good teacher one day. Maddie able to do make-up on not just one little girl, but two. I hope they had fun because we certainly loved having them and can't wait until next year!!



1 comment:

Jenell said...

I can guarantee my kids are counting down the days until they can make their "annual" trip to the Ashby Residence! A million "thanks" for giving them such a wonderful week, full of fun...spoiled kids!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews