My sweetheart is 14. Poor unfortunate soul had his birthday in a car driving to Newport. Such a trooper though.
DEAREST TANNER,
I am so blessed to be your mom, T-man. You have the sweetest soul and I love you very much and I am so proud of you. Thanks for being you and for being patient and loving and thoughtful and kind and humble and helpful and spiritual and responsible and all of the other wonderful things that make you YOU!
However, I really wish you would stop the growing up. I don't like your mustache and teenaged muscles. I wish for the days when you used to need me to bandage owies and wipe away your milk mustaches. I would prefer that you would still be playing in the sand box to playing full contact football. Could you please give me a few more days of that tow-headed little 3 year old that is stuck in my mind? As much as I loved that little 3 year old, I love you as a 14 year old even deeper, because you are still that 3 year old, only with a few more muscles and a bit more facial hair and several years of memories all added on. You are still my little man, and you always will be. I love you son!
![]()
No comments:
Post a Comment