First Day of the Road Trip was filled with much laughter.
I was so proud of my family---
patience, love and happiness flowed.
I know, we are like the Partridge family.
We were excited and ready to go.
Todd had prepped the car with 3 storage units (exhibit B, below) and a flat-screen TV bolted to the 2 front seats (see exhibit A). Do not even think we are not proud of that one!! The kids could play X-box and watch movies to their hearts content. Todd and I got ourselves a book on CD.
Bring on 26 hours in the car with 4 kids!! We were not afraid!! (Actually, i was... just saying)
Locked up, packed us in, said our prayer and away we went.
EXHIBIT A
EXHIBIT B
This was not the express trip, however.
There was much stopping that needed to happen. Potty stops. Stops at SUU to show the family around Maddie's soon to be new home. We really thought we may never get to Cali.
Here's the gang with their new purchases from the SUU bookstore.
Those cute boys and their flat hats.
Finally made it to Las Vegas after about 7 or 8 hours in the car.
We (I) choose to eat at my favorite sandwich shop of all time-Capriotti's.
So yummy.
Went to the Aquarium at the Silverton Lodge.
We were hoping to catch the mermaid show.
Unfortunately, the mermaids are also on vacation.
So.. we looked at the fish.
Decided to take a midnight stroll on the strip with the kids.
Nothing says, the world is on the brink of hell like Las Vegas at night.
Not only the scary sights, but the actual heat at 10:00 p.m. is enough to kill you.
Maddie, Tanner & Todd decided to do the New York New York roller coaster (also a favorite of mine)
Of course, the line was 2 weeks long, so the kids and I tried to have some fun in the arcade.
My two darlings pack some serious heat.
My two darlings in front of the Eiffel tower.
Got to see the Bellagio water show too.
This was my husband after paying $15 for 2 bottled waters at the Caeser's Palace Forum shoppes.
We didn't care.
We felt like we had just walked across the Sahara.
With 2 teenagers.
AND 2 overtired little ones.
Todd, the camel, packing his water and his child.
I used to think the show with the moving statues was fun--
not anymore.
Dumb dumb dumb.
We figured we walked about 5 miles with these kiddos.
They were troopers.
So grateful to get back to the peace and quiet of our room
at the Hard Rock.
Yes.. I booked a room at the Hard Rock for my innocent family.
Shut up.
I got a really good deal.
Just picture us walking into the Hard Rock to check in.
Luke with his Sully stuffed animal and nasty blanket and Sadie with her kitty.
All around us are young twenty and thirty somethings.
Displaying their 3 S's..
Single, skinny and skanky.
I seriously told my kids to lay down and close their eyes and take a little rest while waiting to get checked in.
Sadie had a lot to say...
"Why is that yady cigawetting?"
"Why is that yady not modest?"
"Why is that yady singing on the stweet?"
I especially love when she points as she says these things.
So fun and exciting.
So many teaching moments.
One last wrestle before hitting the hay
AT MIDNIGHT.
We are sooo wild and crazy!







2 comments:
You guys are some awesome parents with never-ending energy. Sounds like you had a great time! So glad you're home safe and sound. Love, Mom
You survived sin city. Good job! Sounds like fun. I am such a country bumpkin... what's up with the flat hats? I know that tanner and luke are going to win me over one of these days because paired with their killer smiles, anything looks cute.
Post a Comment