Thursday, October 18, 2012

Tanner's Great Adventure


Shut up.
Just shut up.

This is my son, in the ER.
Yes, I think someone has Munchausen's Disease.
Or maybe, just Hypochondriacism.
(I know that is not a word, shut up again.)

2 words-
KIDNEY STONES.
At the tender age of 16.
On the day before his last football game of the season.
So sad.
There is not enough medication in the world to take away kidney stone pain.
Poor poor urethra and ureters.
And pride.
Tanner had to have his private parts (or "tenders" as he likes to call them) handled by a female MD.
Just to make sure it wasn't testicular torsion.
TMI?
My blog, my choice.

Shut up again.

Then, that night was a wonderful surprise.
An invitation to the next dance which is girls choice-Bingham Ball.
It's a formal dance, which means renting a tuxedo!!
Woot, Woot!!

Tanner was excited to see who was asking him and his shredded ureters to the dance.
He was a bit dreamy after finding out who was extending the invitation, but then again
that could have been the Percocet.







This girl is from a wonderful family in our last ward.
It will be her very first date and it is a great compliment that she wants to go with my son.
I am so excited for them, they are going to have a blast.
Can you see the little hole in the cake where her name was?
Such a cute idea-if you can't tell by the picture, it is 2 bundt cakes, one upside down
and then another one on top of it.  A green ice cream cone completes the pumpkin cake.
So cute! And really sooo yummy!
I tell you, it is the most wonderful time of the year!!



He answered in a really cute way.
At least I thought it was cute.

He got her a bouquet of flowers, a stuffed animal, some candy bars and a card.
All of the items had a price tag on them..
(i.e. flowers...$8.99, stuffed animal...$4.99, favorite candy bars... $2.39 etc.)
And then the card said..
"A date with you to the Bingham Ball... priceless!"

I know... so special...




6 comments:

Katie Lynn Goudie said...

Kidney stones are the woooorst! I hope he's feeling better and never gets anither one ever again.

Love the cake! Super cute! :)

Sara said...

poor tanner and sweet tanner.

Diana said...

Love this guy! Sure hope he's feeling better. Lucky girl and lucky guy -- hope they have fun at the ball!

mike & teresa said...

What a bummer with the kidney stones! Oh, I remember those high school days of trying to be creative for the dances.

Cam said...

Kidney stones, huh? Rick Evans had them last week too- a few hours after his 50th birthday party. Sounds like Tanner is pretty young to have them- he must feel oh so lucky!

Jenell said...

Hope Tanner is feeling better...poor kiddo! I am loving all the dating ideas you share...priceless!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews