Grandma(s) this is for you:
This is what Chinese Immersion Week 9 looks like.
In his underwear.
Had a most wonderful FHE tonight.
3/5 people felt the spirit! I would say we won!
We watched an episode of "The District", which is my new favorite show.
I am all about the reality series, and to be able to watch one that does not include people swearing, overturning tables, yelling at each other, etc.. is refreshing. I LOVE THIS SERIES. I highly recommend it. Tanner was very touched by the episode we watched, as were Todd and I. I cry every single time I watch an episode. Tonights episode including a segment about an investigator asking the missionaries if his prior baptism by another church was valid in their eyes. Watching this scene with the missionaries struggling not to offend, but teach that you must be baptized by immersion by the proper authority was hard. The investigator was offended and it was heart-breaking! I admire our young men and young women who immerse themselves in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Who humble themselves and recognize that they are only instruments with which our Heavenly Father instructs his beloved children. The courage and faith that these missionaries display is incredible. The way that the spirit can change lives is magnificent. I am so proud to be a member of this wonderful church, but more importantly--I am so glad that I have the gospel in my life and that my children have it as well. I just am so grateful for it, and so sad that not everyone who hears this message, actually listens to it...
4 comments:
Luke, you are amazing! We are so proud of you and happy that you are able to learn new things every day (even hard things). Keep trying hard every day to do your best -- you are blessed with a wonderful mind and strong spirit. Gramps and I love you so much! Miss you, but hopefully we'll see you soon.
I have never heard of this show...where do I find it?
Click on the link in my post and it will direct you right to it online where you can watch it. It is soooo great!!
Click on the link in my post and it will direct you right to it online where you can watch it. It is soooo great!!
Post a Comment