
Kids all sleep in one room on Christmas Eve. This is a fun tradition that I remember from my childhood. The only difference is I think my kids actually sleep, where back in the day, we would never dream of falling asleep and if we did slip into dreamland it was only for a few hours and then one of us would sneak up to ma and pa's bed and ask if we could get up yet. It got earlier and earlier every year until my parents had had enough. One year, right after Santa left from setting up our presents, they came down and woke US up (about 2 in the morning). It really happened. We had Christmas and then all went back to bed and slept in. I think it was the first Christmas my parents actually got more than an hour or two of sleep.

My kids decided that Santa would like to nosh on some "hot biscuits and cocoa" (somehow, my kids have dropped the HOT from the cocoa and added it to the biscuits). Luke also wanted Santa to have some fruit snacks and lotion for his rough, dry hands.

My two darling girls enjoying their biscuit and "special" sleeping cocoa. We put some red and green sleeping dust on the whipped cream to help them all get to sleep so Santa could come. Hey, it really works!

Luke and Tanner with their most special treat. I love this treat from growing up. Thanks, Mom.

Luke and Sadie at one of the Nativities. I think it was -19 degrees when we were there.
2 comments:
I love the little treats the kiddos left Santa. And whats with the Utah weather?? I left right before the snow storm and am enjoying 56 degree weather. You miss this place, right???
sadie singing bicycle built for two could not be cuter! i love all of your traditions. makes me miss our childhood.
Post a Comment