Maddie hugging Grandpa
Grandpa crying while reading Maddie's letter
Grandma reading Tanner's letter
Dad checking out his awesome back massager
Tanner hugging Maddie (this will be sent to the Smithsonian ASAP)
Tanner is looking sweet in his new pj bottoms and his new preppy shirt his sister bought him.
Grandma and Luke
Maddie and Sadie
Tanner and Luke
Maddie was SO excited about her jeans from Buckle
Sadie got some her first Polly Pocket "ladies" (as she calls them)
Tanner with some cool new Converse..
Luke loved his stocking treats, especially his orange drink
Grandma and Grandpa came at 7:00 a.m. to see what Santa had brought to the Ashby Family. Daddy had to wake us all up! Heaven! I think Todd was more excited that anyone and almost wouldn't wait for me to get downstairs first to see faces and take pictures. I love that he loves Christmas so much. He loves to surprise me every year and every year he succeeds.
This year I got a beautiful picture of Christ to hang in our living room. He always writes us all very heart-felt letters and this has become a highlight of our Christmas. The kids wrote to their Grandma's and Grandpa's this year and put their letters in a cute little treasure box along with some candy. Both sets of grandparents seemed to really love their letters from the kids. Maddie also helped the babies write letters to me and Todd. It is so awesome to feel so much love in our home at Christmas.. I wish I could say we had the same appreciation for each other the other 364 days a year.
Santa seemed to have suffered some sort of amnesiac attack this year.. He forgot all of the things that he had previously made/bought for the kids so they ended up with a bit on the excessive side. Santa needs help around this time of year. Santa needs a Mrs. Claus, or Mrs Claus needs a Mrs Claus. Anyway, it was a great morning with Grandma and Grandpa Ashby. After the marathon unwrapping session and hugfest and letter-reading extravaganza, we ate a 4 course breakfast... french toast, eggs, bacon, & hashbrowns. Too much yummy for the tummy!
After we ate we hurriedly packed up and went to Grandma Farm's house for a second Christmas.
1 comment:
Looks like a lot of fun! I love the letter idea, I am going to have to implement that in our family. We hope you had a Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment