Wednesday, October 6, 2010

How Blessed the Day

The "Lamb" and the "Lion" have lied down together without any ire!!

Or in other words, Sadie and Luke have played together for several minutes without bloodshed or whining or tattling or me yelling "Knock it off!!" once!

This must be what arriving in Zion feels like.  Wow, I love it.

However, I must question the method at which Zion is attained.  First, there was a trip to the toy store for Luke to spend some birthday cash (thanks, Grandma Farm). Luke chose a wonderful object of warfare (going along with theZion theme of today)-- an army helicopter with missiles and guns and soldiers. There was some discussion about whether or not Sadie could play with this new treasure.  Luke came up with.. "I don't think you can play with it because you are not strong enough to lift it." Hmm... strangely non-Zionlike behavior, but I didn't give up on my little gunslinger.  We got home and I started making dinner while Tanner attacked the box in which the toy was fastened.  And by fastened I mean, it was chained and superglued and encased in plastic... WHY!???? Seriously, I hate every person who packages children's toys.  It almost makes me say words not fitting for the Zion that is my home.  Tanner opened the package after several tense hours and put Luke's helicopter together.  I finished dinner (and by finished, I mean, opened the microwave..) and called for the lamb and the lion to come eat. "Not eating, we aw pwaying todethew!" called the lamb. So I dished up and preceding to watch my progeny make magic with a dinosaur and machine of war.  

Sadie: "spit, spit, spit. Dat duy is dead!" (she has a "spit head" dinosaur and it is spitting on a soldier)

Luke: "You can't kill my guy, just kill this yitto dragon"

Sadie: "O-tay!"

Luke: "Now, you have to bite him. Okay, now claw him.  Now, step on him. Now spit on him some more. Okay, now he is dead."

Sadie: "O-tay!"

Oh, it just makes you feel so proud when your children exhibit such gentleness.

Sadie: "My spit head is sick now"

Luke: "Give him some stomach medicine."

Sadie: "I aweady did dat! It didn't help!"

Luke: "Give it some corn"

Sadie: "Dat won't help."

Luke: "How bout some chicken nuggets?"

Sadie: "O-tay"

Chicken nuggets fix everything in my world.  My world being Zion, in case you forgot.

Luke: with his new gleaming helicopter, "yets have a sweepover at my house"

Sadie: "I have two beds, you come to my house" (House is the helicopter box)

Luke: "Okay, but I have to get my snipew wifle and my grenades. Oh, and my machine gun."

Sadie: "You forgot your wocket yaunchew. O-tay! Tids (kids) it is time for nap!" My mommy says I am yots of sick so I have to stay here. Toot, toot!" (toot toot is spit heat dinosaur passing gas in the soldiers face)

Luke: "Why are you tooting in my face? Your my best fwiend! Don't toot in my face!"

Sadie: "O-tay, I won't toot in your face anymore! Toot, toot!" (pointing Spit head dinosaur's bum away from the soldier) 

Luke: "I am taking off in my helicopter, hurry up and wake up. Ask me my phone number.. It's 651 801."

Sadie: "My is 200 449. That's how much I am.  Mom, can I wear church cwothes to stoow (school) tomorrow?"

Luke: "Sadie, why do you want to wear church cwothes to stool? Are you having a specho activity?"

Sadie: "I'm a princess, I weally yike church cwothes!"

I think she just feels that since she lives in Zion, she should dress the part. I am just saying.  

As I sit here, the Zion bubble has burst.  Luke has decided that the box is much cooler than his new toy and is insisting that Sadie share the box and Sadie has decided she feels more lion than lamb and is refusing to share.  

Despite the ending, I am thrilled with the efforts we have all made today and hope that we can have 7 minutes of Zion tomorrow.  I can dream.


Luke with his M & M's and his singing hamster card from Grandma Farm

Luke has decided on his toy!

So excited to get home

The infamous "spit head" is in Sadie's hand

The lamb

The "house" (Look at Sophie-World's Best Dog)
I think she shall be crowned Miss Zion or at least be the mascot for Zion

The tame little Lion



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews