Friday, October 29, 2010

Proof that my daughter hates me


The Story of Maddie

Maddie asks a boy to a dance.

Mom gets to help pay for the dance.

Boy answers Maddie with a doorbell ditch, a pumpkin and a letter (which obviously took hours to complete-so much thought went into it-WOW!).

Mom asks Maddie to pose for a picture when boy responds to her asking to the dance.

Mom gets this.


Mom asks pleasantly if she could try to act a little bit happy or excited for the dance which she asked a boy to.

Mom gets this.


Once again, do not kid yourself, I AM MOTHER OF THE YEAR. And as I graciously accept my award, I will turn to my daughter and hand it to her and say, "Dear daughter, you have made me the MOTHER OF THE YEAR that I am, so I decline this award and it's acclaim and dub you DAUGHTER OF THE YEAR!" Oh, she will be so thrilled. I hope I can capture another of those wonderful happy expressions as above.



2 comments:

nielsons*love*family said...

well if it makes you feel ANY better i have THREE daughters! i get that look 3X as often. don't you LOVE it?

Shan and Cam said...

And that is why I don't want a daughter. I was evil to my mom... I love these posts and I like to reread them when I'm sad because I literally laugh out loud every time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews