Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tanner's 1st Kill


Listen, people.

I watched Bambi, too.

I know this is sad.

But, we are carnivores.

That burger you're eating comes from an animal

that has feelings and eyes and a heart, too.

That bacon you love on Saturday mornings,

comes from an animal that likes to nap and nuzzle.

I feel a bit sad, however, my son was excited.

So, therefore, I am excited for him.

You can tell that this particular deer probably

was just entering his difficult pre-teen years,

but we are excited for his little 2 prongs.

Now I go to do the ceremonial dance and smoke the peace pipe

while my newly minted MAN SON eats a bite of the heart.

Once again, I am sorry Bambi.


2 comments:

Shan and Cam said...

Ok, this is just not right. I've actually been very grossed out with meat as of lately and this little description of yours just made me go vegetarian.

Sara said...

what a man! way to go tanner!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews