Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sad









Sadness is coursing thru my veins today.  Not because it was Fast Sunday today.  No, not because I am too old to be trick or treating (I can steal my toddlers chocolate).  Sadness has settled in because football is over.  I am a freakin' loser who lives my life thru my children's lives.  If it is not pure joy to have a football player son who loves to pound other children into the turf and a gorgeous daughter to dress up 24 times a year for formal dances, I don't know what joy is.  And now, a big part of my satisfaction for the week will be missing.  My stud muffin son's team had quite a rough year, but I think he learned a lot, and I know he had fun with his dad being an assistant coach.  But, let's be real-it's all about if I had fun, and I did.  And now I am sad.  

Luckily, I still have that gorgeous daughter to dress up 22 more times this year (Butterflies in my tummy!).  The next dance that is coming up is one of the most formal of the year (Yippee!!) and we hear it is a masquerade ball (I am so TINGLEY!!).  So, if I can't watch Tanner hammer young men on the football field at least I have school dances to look forward to.  

To Tanner (lets pretend he reads my blog):

I am so proud of the way you played this year and the growth you exhibited.  I am so blessed to have a son who is respectful of himself and others, on and off the field.  You are PURE joy to watch and PURE joy to mother.  Could you please stay this age for a few more years?  Could you please not find another woman besides me?  And while I am requesting the IMPOSSIBLE, could you please pick up your dirty jock strap thingy and your sweaty socks off your bedroom floor so I don't have to.

Love,  Your mother (apron strings still attached...)


To Maddie (lets pretend she doesn't hate me):

I am proud of you too, Ms. Hotstuff Junior-social butterfly-smartie pants-Sister wife! It has been fun to shop with you for all of the bling we have needed for our dances, (I mean, your dances.) I know that I annoy you and I also know that is part of the job description and even if it wasn't, that is just the way I am.  You are a wonderful daughter who is growing up so fast it is scary.  You can also stop with the aging- you can stay 16 as long as I can buy you dresses and you let me try them on occasionally. As much as I dislike that "teenager face" you are so good at, I dislike the thought of you being gone in a few short months... So, bring on the teenager face. I can handle it.

Love, Your mom (the apron strings are gone because Maddie cut them with a hack saw when she turned 12)




2 comments:

Sara said...

i am sad too. your kiddos are growing up too fast. that being said, you are a freak and i love it.

Jenell said...

You are too crazy to be sad...I love this post! I am right behind you sista!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews