This is Mom, pre-surgery. The nurse came in and asked her to write "YES" on wherever she was to have surgery that day. I told her she should write, "YES" on each of her bosoms and see what she ended up with. Can you image.. instead of total knees, total boobs? Too cool.
This is mommy post-surgery. Basically, in a medically-induced coma. Which she awakened from about 48 hours later. This is a picture you may not appreciate unless you are a member of my family. I have caught on camera 2 things you may never see again...
1. Dad on a phone
2. Mom laying down when it is light outside
This is mom at Healthsouth Rehab center. At first, I called it Healthsuck, just because I was rude, but Mom and Dad have actually had a great time the last few days. I think they are pretending they are on a cruise and just stuck in their cabin. A cruise with no water and crappy food only 3 times a day. And no entertainment, unless you count pushing the nurses button several times an hour, just to see what she will do. I mean.. Whatever floats your boat, right?
I knew my mom was going to be OK when we entered the room and she said..
"Hi loves!! I think I have something for you in my purse! Someone hand me my purse
so I can get the kids a treat!"
Seriously, she is such a grandma.
Dad and Tanner
Sadie thrilled to be back with her IPAD.
My kids have been having serious IPAD withdrawls because I have let my parents
keep it to give them something to do besides stare at each other and push the nurses call button. Mom actually perked up enough to make Dad go buy her her own IPAD. So she will have hers to register and play with once she goes home.
The BEST invention ever. Could I want one of these more?
what is wrong with this picture?
At least they were quiet for a few minutes.
My mother is now 10% robot. She has 2 new knees and she is so excited about the progress she has thus far been able to make. I am so glad she is doing better and that we will not have to be staging an intervention ("this is your brain on drugs, Mom.."). My mom is a tough farm girl and I know that it has been hard for her to be so limited due to her crappy knees. So, "YIPPEE!" for cute, smart orthopedic surgeons who have dedicated their life to helping people improve their quality of life. Thanks, Dr. Momberger for my robotic mommy. Can't wait for her to be able to cook Sunday dinner again...![]()
2 comments:
thanks for taking such good care of her stace!!!
thanks for taking such good care of her stace!!!
Post a Comment