Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday at it's most Sabbathy


My kids love scary movies.  The scarier the better.  At least for Sadie.  Instead of whining for a barbie or princess movie, she whines for a monster movie.  So, after she had whined for the allotted 20 minutes I presented her with the monster movie of the decade.  We put in the second installment of the Lord of the Rings series so Gollum could freak her freak and I wouldn't have to hear anymore whining about monsters.  Of course, it seemed perfectly appropriate to present this movie on Sunday. It is the ultimate battle of good vs. evil.  I mean, it has a white wizard and a crazy eye devil.  But really, when else but the Sabbath would we be able to watch a 3 1/2 hour movie?  

As I type, we enjoying Frodo's fantastically journey through evil and I have heard 

"Where are the monsters?"

about 13 times. 

She is not impressed with evil Gollum, nor the Orcs.  Nor is she frightened by the trees that come alive or the freakish wars that they fight.  She enjoys sword play and is tickled pink by mayhem.  I don't know what I have done to my little gentle princess.  She is all marshmallow goo on the outside and as hard as stone inside.  However, she is my Precious.  My precious little hobbit.



1 comment:

HiccupMeL said...

Dude, funniest blog on the planet. I hope, if I'm ever a mom, I'm sort of like you. Every good Sunday should have Lord of the Rings somewhere nearby... (lightning bolts are surely to follow this statement)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews