However, could I have a wordless post?
I think not.
I present to you pictures of my husband's "rehab".
Yes, that is my husband, a mere 5 weeks after surgery. Playing basketball. Not just basketball, however. It is WARD basketball. I mean, really, could I expect him to miss WARD basketball? What kind of a wife would I be if I didn't support his lifelong dream of playing in a WARD basketball game? I think it must be his way of saying, "the church is true, just watch me play WARD basketball after having leg surgery and being deathly ill just a few short weeks ago."
I must thank his team who encouraged this "testimony" of sorts. When we arrived, there was much patting on shoulders and looks of disbelief (is he really going to try to play?).
One of the other players asked, "If you play, is it possible to ruin anything?" I immediately answered, "Only our marriage." And another freak on the team said, "I'd say it's worth the risk!" Gotta love our priesthood brethren and that lovely WARD basketball.
I am quite sure he did it because he is going stir-crazy. He needs some physicality in his life..and I am awfully tired.. so I am sure that is what caused this premature trip to the court.
In the few minutes that he played, I only swore under my breath about 3 times. We had a couple of crashes to the ground and a few "OUCH" expressions coming from Todd, but overall he was fairly mellow for him. Everyone commented that it is kind of funny because even with Todd playing only at a 50% level, he still outplayed everyone else (not really, but it was nice that they said that). He did do well--scored 14 points. However, didn't score so well with the wife, so I would say, all in all, he was about even for the night.
I am sure he feels it was worth the risk. And there you have it. My husband's testimony of WARD basketball.
Can I get an AMEN?
I didn't think so.
![]()
1 comment:
what the h'???? i would kill him or kick him in the shin. seriously todd....what the heck? i know how he plays basketball and safety is NOT the number 1 concern.
p.s. when are you going to put on a picture of your new hot ride???
Post a Comment