Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hooray for Todd


GOOD NEWS!

Todd's little kidneys have decided to work again!!

Numbers for the latest test look a lot better-not normal-but better!

No more worrying about imminent dialysis or transplant..

Just going to need to check labs consistently and watch the trend.

Hope it reads better than my 401K numbers...


Todd is also walking short distances without assistance of crutches or walker which is a great improvement. He still looks like a feeble little old man, but he is getting stronger everyday. He informed me today that he has lost 20 pounds since this whole thing started. Seriously, I wish it was contagious because I would love to lay in bed for 2 weeks and have people bring me food and treats and watch movies and play angry birds and FREAKIN LOSE WEIGHT. How is that possible?? If I lay in bed for 2 hours I gain a pound. It is so not fair.. He tries to calm me by saying it is all muscle, which of course it is.. but still, 20 pounds!!?? I hate stupid boys...



4 comments:

cindy said...

Yea that Todd's improving! Every time I drive past your home, (which can be several times a day) I say a prayer for Todd, you and your family.

Sara said...

hooray for todd! boo for us not losing weight while laying in bed.

kwgirl said...

SO glad to hear things are going better for Todd...I Hate Stupid Boys too, Richard has lost 40+ lbs since he started exercising, I've been exercising and watching what I eat for over a year...I've lost 5lbs.
NOT FAIR!

nielsons*love*family said...

yay! for you guys--glad to hear it. maybe you could give him a good swift kick to the kidney though...you know...you to remind him how much it sucks he lost the 20 lbs. no? just a thought. ;O)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews