Had us a fun weekend. Didn't do much except hang out with kids, you know..
- angry birds
- taking pictures
- laying in bed with Todd
- watching movies
- playing games (the matching game is a HIT!)
- went shopping with my favorite girls to gateway
- eating too much
LOVE IT!
Todd is slowly getting better. He is able to hobble around the bedroom like a little old man. If he goes very far at all, he uses his trusty crutches. He is able to drive now which means his descent into madness has slowed a bit. He started therapy on Thursday and it went reasonably well. I knew it would be somewhat difficult because he is still so weak and fatigues so quickly. We will be going into TOSH 2 times a week to work on his endurance, strength and flexibility. As difficult as this has been on the family, we are fairing rather well at this point. We are grateful for his improvements and know that prayers are being answered.
Luke said a few things this last week that I had to remember. He is such a little turkey. He reminds me of Maddie when she was his age-very precocious and mouthy. A few examples..
Sex Ed?
Luke and Sadie had picked out a treat at the gas station (their favorite store..don't ask me why.. maybe because we are rednecks..). Sadie had picked a banana and Luke had picked an apple. Seriously, am I that kind of mom? I think not. Sadie picked skittles and Luke picked starbursts. They were on their way to a serious sugar high in the back seat as we were driving and this is what I heard..
Sadie: "Yutie (Lukey), do you want some of my M & M's?"
Luke: "They are not M & M's, the are S & M's! And yes, I want some S & M's!"
Oil and Water
Despite all efforts, my children fight. And it seems lately that the ones who fight the most are Maddie and Luke. Maddie has no patience for his little boyness and his shenanigans. Luke knows that he irritates her and can't possible go 3 minutes without making her totally frustrated. Many times a day I have to hide my face because Luke has said something snotty (but funny) to Maddie. In the car today, there was more of the same. Luke was being a terror and Maddie was trying to control him and he was not having any of it. After several minutes of Luke screaming and trying to smack Maddie and Maddie trying to hold his arms and failing, Todd had had enough.
Todd: "Could you guys give it a rest?"
Me: (to Todd) "Those two are like oil and water, we shouldn't have put them by each other in the car."
Luke: (from the back seat, yelling towards his lovely big sister) "Yeah, Maddie! You are like boiling water!"
Love 'em, despite their imperfectness.
![]()
2 comments:
I love your sense of humor in the way you see your family! Both Honest & Hilarious:) Heather
Love it!! You and your little crew deserve a little R & R! I am feeling a little panicked at the Maddie/Luke Drama...it is Emma and Blake to a "T"! I just assumed Emma would mature and grow out of the arguing with the unarguable...
Oh well, makes for some funny moments to read about! "Yeah" for Todd's kidneys! Does he just love the fact that we follow his kidney function so closely and even cheer for them when they are good, little kidneys?!
Love you guys!!
Post a Comment