For those of you who don't know, I am a red neck.
I was born a red neck and I will die a red neck.
I like to try to cover up the fact that I am a red neck by purchasing lots of expensive purses and wearing expensive jeans that don't have a "W" stitched on the pocket. I don't wear my rodeo belt buckles that are the size of Texas. I try to watch my language and by that I mean I try not to say "melk" when I am asking for milk and I try not to use my favorite red neck word "ustacould" for the word, well,... ustacould.
Anywho.. I am a red neck and proud of it.
For Christmas my sister bought my parents a board game called Red Neck Life. Super awesome, huh. It is a super entertaining, somewhat inappropriate game that I highly recommend if you are a red neck or you find red neck's funny. After playing at my parent's house, my dear husband decided he must have it for our New Year's Eve game night. So to the computer we go, find it, buy it, ship it overnight and WAHLAW!! Instant Red Neck Life board game at our doorstep. Again, love the online shopping. Does that make me more or less a red neck? I think more because once again, no bra needed...
So, we played the game. And played and played. It is a long board game, but full of laughs. Especially if you play with the Ashby folks. Seriously, every New Year's Eve we spend with these wierdos goes down in history as the "funniest". We have made many fond memories with them. This year was no exception.. We laughed hysterically at our ridiculously hideous pictures of us blacking out a tooth with a chocolate truffle. We also laughed at Lori looking very "special needs" as she tried to text with her new phone.. She probably said "I hate this phone!" 20 times in a 2 hour period, so funny! She may need to be medicated...We also enjoyed the teens and their cute little selves as they danced and talked and played games. Love those sweet girls and that sweet Jantzen. It was a fun night that lifted my spirits. That is what those Ashby's are, my spirit bra-- thanks for the lift, my dearest in-law family.



And for those of you who started checking in on this blog for Todd follow-ups, here is the latest.
He is doing well, pushing himself pretty hard. Both legs are still very painful and weak, but he is tough and determined and so I am sure he will be off the crutches sooner, rather than later. The walker has been relegated to a locked closet so as not to trouble us anymore. Your prayers and thoughts and meals and service has been so humbling. We appreciate everyone so much and could not imagine going through this without people willing to help out and give of themselves. You are all awesome!
Tomorrow we will be getting more lab work done to stay on top of his kidney function. The trend is that his kidney function is getting worse, so we need to keep tabs on that. He will also be seeing the orthopedic surgeon this week and the nephrologist (kidney MD) so hopefully we will have some news at the end of the week. The concerning thing now is that he may have some permanent damage to his not-so-good kidneys. Prayers needed!!
I have included some information if you will click on the links below you will find lots of information on his illnesses/conditions. I include that not to bore you or horrify you but to give you the explanation that some of you want which I never seem to have time to give.
ACUTE ON CHRONIC KIDNEY FAILURE
Thanks for all your love and support!![]()
1 comment:
love the pictures (especially special needs lori)! continuing to pray for todd and his cute kidneys.
Post a Comment