Thursday, February 10, 2011

Gorgoza Park via Sundance Ski Resort

Planned a fun weekend with the kids, minus Sadie. I wanted to take Maddie and Tanner snowboarding and we decided that it was time to let Luke come along and take a skiing lesson. We decided to just go for a 1/2 a day to Sundance because they had an opening for Luke and also because I am freakin almost 40 and I can't do a whole entire day skiing and still be expected to do all my housewiferly duties.. So we got all packed up (took the first 1/2 of the day) and loaded up, all excited about our adventure. As I was driving up Provo Canyon towards Sundance I thought, "Wow, this is really gonna happen. I am going to make it up there on time, and we have all our equipment and the car has not broke down." You see, I had this sensation all day long as we were getting ready that something was going to happen and we weren't going to get to go. It wasn't a bad feeling per se, but I was feeling way proud of myself that I had pulled this 1/2 day of skiing off.

(NOTE: THIS WAS DURING TODD'S RECOVERY, BEFORE THE BREAK IN AND THE STOLEN SNOWBOARDS.)

1 minute to the turnoff and we see the police cars and the barricades. OF COURSE!! THERE WAS AN AVALANCHE IN THE CANYON AND WE WON'T BE ABLE TO GO ON OUR ADVENTURE!! So typical for my life. Didn't even miss a beat..

We turned back around and drove another hour to Gorgoza Park up Parley's Canyon. It is the tubing hill that costs almost as much as skiing, but not quite. We stayed and played for 2 hours and had a great time. I love my little ski (tube) bunnies!

















Good times!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun...we are heading up here tonight. I am glad to see Luke enjoyed it, I was worried about Bryce. I agree with you about mean people, I am so sorry to hear about someone stealing out of your garage. That scrares me so bad, we keep so much stuff in our garage and not to mention NEVER lock the door from the garage to the house.
BTW, I love your new picture at the top of your blog...

Sara said...

looks like good times...other than being outside in the snow and cold part.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews