My life is just fine. Or was just fine today. We are just fine. And by just fine, I mean I am not freaking out about Todd's upcoming surgery or our upcoming move. I decided today to be just fine. And I was.
The day started off sketchy. I woke up anxious- nervous about Todd's surgery and how I was going to cope (AGAIN) and how he was going to cope (AGAIN) and what I needed to do to prepare the house and kids and myself and Todd... I was also all freaked out about the move that we will be making in the next month or 2. We have found the PERFECT house for us and have decided to pursue making it ours... however, at least 6 other home buyers have decided it is the PERFECT home for them too, so we have found ourselves in a bidding war. So, anxiety and stress pervaded my mind.. Todd talked me down from the ledge and with sweet words and encouragement (and a bubble bath) he directed me into more constructive thoughts. So I felt, just fine..
We will get through another surgery. By now, an ankle reconstruction is almost not a big deal. ALMOST, being the key word. Todd will by unable to bear weight for 4-8 weeks depending on how extensive the surgery is, but he will, in the end, be JUST FINE. I have faith.
We will also get through another move. It seems as though we have had a few too many stressors lately to throw a move into the mix, but, what can I say, except it just seems like we need to do this. I know alot of my friends and family think we are crazy, but let me tell you and assure you that we are... indeed a little bit crazy. The only reason we are not entirely crazy is because of you all who believe in us and support us and love us despite our craziness. We are going to be just fine.. even if we don't out bid all of the other stupid buyers who think that my future dwelling is theirs. Stupid, mean people.
My bubble bath so perked me up that I worked out. (I know that is kind of wierd, but just shut up.. I do what I do and I can't explain it...) Let me tell you.. with all of the stress, it has been awhile and I worked out like a 40 year old mother of 4 who hasn't had a full nights sleep in about 6 months. But, that is just fine. It is the effort that counts right??!!
Because I worked out, I decided to completely negate all of that effort by hauling my family to Kneaders to get some fabulous sourdough pancakes. I know the french toast is heaven, but to me it is only Telestial where as the sourdough pancake is most assuredly Celestial with a capital C!! Freakin' Heaven!! Super fine after that..
Came home, did some laundry, did some chores, did some cleaning of closets with my teenaged son. Todd dispatched same teenaged son to destroy some old cabinets we were no longer in need of. Luke and Sadie were in awe of Tanner's strength and skill with a sledge hammer. Actually, so was I..
Went to lunch with my ladies that I visit teach and my partner (Chile's- whoot, whoot!!) and then did some errands with my husband. Came home and found my babies playing with all of Tanner's unwanted items from his drawers. MADE MY DAY!!! So perfectly perfect-- them playing with old belts and headbands and football pads and weapons, so freakin cute. So beyond just fine.. warmed my soul.
Made pizza tonight for the kids. Actually Sadie and Luke made their own. Sadie made hers a smiling face with pepperoni legs.
Then I had a dance off with Sadie and Luke and Maddie. Todd watched for about 15 seconds and with a shake of his head was off to watch something more entertaining (picture a uncoordinated praying mantis with blonde hair dancing to a Britney Spears song.. how is that not the most entertaining thing imaginable!?). I kicked some offspring trash and then got my sweaty self up to get ready for my date night with Nat and Brandon and cute husband, Todd.
We went to see, "Just Go With It".. it was funny.. a bit on the naughty side, but funny. Ate popcorn, licorice, and drank Diet Coke with a little splash of Mr Pibb for good measure.
Such a spectacular day, I think I might be just fine. I could even be just fine tomorrow, too.
![]()
3 comments:
i am so glad that you are fine! i am happy you had a good day.
So sad you are leaving the River 5th.
You WILL be so missed:(
Good luck with the bidding war (fingers & eyes crossed)
I saw Tanner killing something on the side of the driveway, didn't realize it was old cabinets. Definitely a guy thing to do!
Why did you not ask me if I wanted some of the cabinets??? I would have gladly taken a few of them off your hands and made some frames!!! I am a RECYCLE freak when it comes to furniture...AND...you will be JUST FINE!!!
Post a Comment