Friday, February 4, 2011

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK


The adventure that is my life (think SPACE MOUNTAIN at Disneyland) continues.

What would I blog about if not some weird misadventure or misfortune or mishap.

Or freakin' mean people.

We went to a movie last night for some much needed stress relief. (Mr Ashby + Staystay + popcorn + diet coke = heaven!). We saw Country Strong which I was not all that excited about seeing, but there was nothing else to see, so we purchased our tickets and treats and proceeded to relax. I actually enjoyed the music in the movie so it was a pleasant evening. UNTIL..

we arrived home to find our garage open.. Maddie's car doors open, Todd's new BMW doors and trunk open. It took about 2 seconds to realize we had been burglarized. I freaked out because my kids were home alone (Maddie and Tanner babysitting..) so I ran in and found Tanner on the internet in my room and the babies asleep. I asked Tanner, "Where is Maddie?" He didn't understand my panic.. "She is downstairs." I had just been downstairs and she wasn't there! The entire time I am thinking that surely Maddie wouldn't be kidnapped without making some sort of ruckus, but then I thought, Tanner was playing on the internet, so the entire house could have fallen down around him and he still would have been intently focused on whatever game he was playing. 

Downstairs I yelled for Maddie.  Just as I was about to really freak, I see her as she slowly sits herself up from laying down on the couch.  She LIVES!  She had been asleep, and because of the way my furniture is arranged, I couldn't see her laying down.  

Now that I know my kids are safe I go back to the garage to consult with Mr. Ashby.  He informs me that they have taken anything of value from the cars (CD's, audiobooks, sunglasses) and Maddie and Tanner's snowboards and some of his tools.  If I was angry, Mr. Ashby could only be described as murderous.  I am just saying right now.. I have no fear of anything when I have my husband by my side.  He makes Hannibal Lector look like Mother Teresa when something fires him up.  I find that whole tough-guy caveman act very attractive and somewhat stimulating.  Sue me, I am a cave woman by heart.  

Next comes calling the cops, filing a report, having a family council about the importance of locking all doors at all times when we are gone, saying a prayer to comfort my freaked out children and Mr Ashby leaving with Tanner in tow to go drive around the neighborhood in hopes of somehow finding the perps so he could do a vigilante smack down.  Lucky for the psycho burglars that my psycho husband didn't find them. Mr. Ashby is freakin' scary when he has been wronged!

I seriously hate mean people.  



4 comments:

Sara said...

mean people really do suck and they are darn lucky that todd didn't find them! thank goodness that your kiddos were okay!!! i hope that one of those burglars tries to use the snowboards and breaks a leg.

cindy said...

Curses!!! Stupid, selfish people! We also had stuff taken 2 or 3 yrs. ago. Also, stuff taken from the van. We always close our garage, even before. I feel your pain!

Jenny and Brett said...

I wish I would've seen something! Brett's sorry too, but more hung up on the use of the word "stimulating." I've had to convince him that there are things he does too that just gets me! Thanks a lot ;)

kwgirl said...

That totally sucks to have stuff stolen from your garage! We try to be hyper vigilant in LOCKING EVERYTHING!
We lock our cars inside our locked garage. We lock all our doors all the time. In the immortal words of Mulder
on X-Files...TRUST NO-ONE! Sad eh?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews