Maddie asked her best boy friend to Sweetheart's this year. His name is Kyle and he is on the basketball team and a great fun kid for Maddie to hang out with. She had a lot of fun with him and I had fun knowing that it was a friend-type situation, ya know what I'm sayin...
It was girl's choice, so she asked him. The day date was fairly simple--so happy that other families are trying to be chill about these day dates. Not extravagant, just fun. They came to our house in the morning and made frosting and then had a cake decorating contest.
SIDE NOTE: THIS WAS THE SAME DAY AS MY 40TH BIRTHDAY PARTY. I CLEANED MY KITCHEN 9 TIMES IN ONE DAY... IT WAS AWESOME. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME FROM MY TEENAGED DAUGHTER.
I was the judge of the contest and I declared it a tie. They played some Just Dance 2 on the Wii and then Maddie ran them all home to get ready. She was a little stressed that she was only going to have 3 hours to get ready. 3 HOURS! I can't for the life of me understand what you do for 3 hours. If I have 30 minutes, uninterrupted, I can transform myself! What the crap does she do in there for 180 minutes? I don't know, but I do know she looked so beautiful when she finally emerged from her "cave of wonders".
Here is the proof..
So after she roared away from the house, late as usual, I thought we wouldn't see her again until a little after midnight. Oh, how I was wrong. She came roaring back an hour or so later to get Kyle's boo tun ear (love that word) that she had forgotten. I was secretly pleased because I could get pictures. Little brat that she is, she had warned her friends to stay in the car or I would take hundreds of pictures of them. Lucky for me, her friends didn't listen, so I was able to get a few dozen pictures of them. I especially like Kyle's look of pure horror as Maddie comes at him with the pins.
Then went to dinner at Olive Garden where the fun continued. Pictures were taken by a friend of a friend and then they tried to go to the dance. However, Maddie had forgotten her tickets (so typical) and so they had to come back home again so she could grab them. They were at the dance for 10 minutes and then of course off to the night activity... Cosmic bowling in their dresses. Sounds like a trip to the ER to me, but whatever. They got there and it was CRAZY and they couldn't get a lane so they went to a friends house and hung out. I certainly hope it was hanging out mormon style...if ya know what I mean.....
Happy Valentines Day to all of my Sweethearts.. you know who you are. I love you all!
![]()
1 comment:
I love her dress! So pretty!!
Post a Comment