Saturday, July 7, 2012

FOREVER CHANGED MY PRIVATE PARTS AND HEART



MY GIRL IS 18.
THIS IS MY SHORT HOMAGE TO HER.


THIS IS MY GIRL TODAY.
EATING HER BIRTHDAY CREPES-
STRAWBERRIES,BANANAS WITH CINNAMON WHIPPED CREAM
LOVE THAT MADDIE SMILE!
























I can't believe you are now an adult.
I can't believe that this sweet baby girl is 18.
I can't believe you will be leaving in about 5 weeks.
PAIN, I tell you, PAIN!

Todd and I were reminiscing about our beautiful first born and
all of our parenting misfortunes and adventures with her.

Our first birth of a child (so emotional and overwhelming!).
Our first date after you were born (Lion King-I cried the whole time, wanted to get back to you)
Our first home with you making our family and home complete.
Our first crib assembly (super fun)
Our first blow out- it took both of us to get you changed and cleaned up.
Your first smile and then first teeth.
You walking, then running.
You blabbering nonsense and then right into speaking in sentences.
Excited and happy and smiling all of the time.
Musical and smart and talented.
Friendly and kind and helpful.

Why did you do this to me?
I can't believe you're 18.

Hold on to those little ones, friends and families.  
They will be out of your house and care before you blink

Then there will be..
Our last dinner with her as our live-in daughter
Our last family prayer
Our last family home evening
Our last waiting up to curfew for her
Our last Sunday with her in the pew sitting next to us
Our last disagreement  :'(
Our last hug 
Our last I love you before she drives off into the sunset
(Well, she won't be driving, but you get what I am saying)

And what I am saying is that,

I LOVE YOU SWEET MADISON ASHBY
THANK YOU FOR THE PAST 18 YEARS!

It has been such a blessing to be your mom, Maddie.
I tried my hardest, but I know lots and lots of mistakes were made.
I am sorry for my failings, but you always covered for me.
GO FORTH SWEET DAUGHTER AND CONQUER ALL THINGS!!



3 comments:

Sara said...

oh...sad...and happy, but sad. i can't stand that our maddie girl is grown up. she is amazing and has great parents who helped form her that way.

nielsons*love*family said...

STOP!!! that made me tear up...
only cuz i am in the same (good/bad) spot...

it's a good thing i think that we will miss them (i know people who are GLAD when a kid leaves)

Diana said...

Beautifully said Stacy. What a blessing our sweet Maddie continues to be. Love her and all of you so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"I believe our problems, almost every one, arise out of the homes of the people. If there is to be reformation, if there is to be a change, if there is to be a return to old and sacred values, it must begin in the home. It is here that truth is learned, that integrity is cultivated, that self-discipline is instilled, and that love is nurtured."

President Gordon B. Hinkley

my beautiful children

my beautiful children

Total Pageviews